King Felix extended for 7 years, $175M - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

King Felix extended for 7 years, $175M

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: King Felix extended for 7 years, $175M

Postby West » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 am

He has about the same chance of earning this as Pujols does of his contract. This is more than just numbers for Seattle. This is the face of the franchise. You don't just let that go.

We can nitpick it all we want but Felix was going to get this money no matter where he went. I've owned him in a keeper since day one and watching his maturation has been a thrill. Happy to see him stay in Seattle and I hope the fences don't hurt him too much. Being a ground ball pitcher I think he will be just fine. For the record his Home ERA is 3.16 and his away ERA is 3.27 so I'm not too worried.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 pm

West wrote:He has about the same chance of earning this as Pujols does of his contract. This is more than just numbers for Seattle. This is the face of the franchise. You don't just let that go.

We can nitpick it all we want but Felix was going to get this money no matter where he went. I've owned him in a keeper since day one and watching his maturation has been a thrill. Happy to see him stay in Seattle and I hope the fences don't hurt him too much. Being a ground ball pitcher I think he will be just fine. For the record his Home ERA is 3.16 and his away ERA is 3.27 so I'm not too worried.

+1
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:45 am

Felix's average fastball is down to <91 MPH over his first two starts. Saturday's game featured by far the slowest average fastball velocity of any game in his career. I feel like there should be an Onion-style article written about this: "After steller 2012 after lowering his top speed a full MPH each of the previous two seasons, King Felix feels like if he drops another MPH or two he might be able to get even better"
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers