Need Keeper Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need Keeper Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Need Keeper Advice

Postby mattxlegend » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 am

No, this was my thought too, except with it snaking, he gets the top pick of the 2nd round which could conceivably be the #1 pick in the draft, where he could take Cano back himself.

To me, it's the undrafted Yeonis Cespedes. 8 team league there's no need to go crazy on pitching, and he has the potential to be a top OF. To keep him with the last round or 2nd to last round since you already have Trout, that seems like a no brainer to me. Then you can take Cano or another player close to Cano in the 2nd which is more like the first here and you're ready to go.

You make a valid point. That was my point about not keeping Kershaw or Cano. Good food for thought, guys.
mattxlegend
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fear the Beard » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Cano is the Top 2B by far and Kershaw i see him being a top 3-4 pitcher this year so either of them in 2nd round dont bother me to much but i agree Medlen does have alot of upside and being undrafted could be a steal in a last round same with cespedes i feel u can still get cespedes back in the draft same with medlen so if it was me id take either Cano or Kershaw they r elite in the Pos and its hard to replace elite players and 1st and 2nd round with Miggy and either Cano/Kershaw isnt a bad start to a draft
Fear the Beard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Brainstorm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Fear the Beard wrote:Cano is the Top 2B by far and Kershaw i see him being a top 3-4 pitcher this year so either of them in 2nd round dont bother me to much but i agree Medlen does have alot of upside and being undrafted could be a steal in a last round same with cespedes i feel u can still get cespedes back in the draft same with medlen so if it was me id take either Cano or Kershaw they r elite in the Pos and its hard to replace elite players and 1st and 2nd round with Miggy and either Cano/Kershaw isnt a bad start to a draft

But he's going to have essentially the #1 pick, why use it on a keeper when you can keep someone else at a great value and then just draft Cano #1? It's like starting off with a free player.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby Fear the Beard » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:35 pm

If he can get him back than yes id go Cespedes as well i didnt read the part where he had 1st pick in 2nd round
Fear the Beard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions