Looking for a league!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for a league!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for a league!!

Postby alexpic » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Hey guys,

I'm looking for another league to join. Actually, me and one other guy are looking for a league. Money league would be cool, but not necessary.

We both have a lot of experience in fantasy baseball, as I won this league-- http://kdl09.baseball.cbssports.com/home?pid=alexpicc1 --this past year, and in another league, we played against each other in the finals in another league.

I'm also very familiar with crazy dynasty leagues, and activity by us will not be a problem at all.

Anyone have any ideas? We can draft online, and if it was in person, we are in the Chicago/Milwaukee area.
alexpic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for a league!!

Postby GeorgiaBoy3994 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:11 pm

I have a league. Check out the "Solid Money League" post.
GeorgiaBoy3994
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mzu » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Running new $50 and $100 leagues on Fleaflicker. Plus at least one more on Yahoo, once they open. H2H Points league with a bunch of good managers.

You can check out the $50 league here: http://www.fleaflicker.com/mlb/league?leagueId=10559
mzu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 19)

Postby turtle102009 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm trying to get a 16 team dynasty with salaries and contracts started on Fantrax. This is an idea I've been working on for a couple of years now and I finally decided that this is the year to get it going. This is a pay league and the basic idea behind it is to allow owners to run their teams like real MLB GMs (or owners) do. The way we accomplish this is to base everyone's buy-in amount on their team salaries. So, everyone's team payrolls are calculated as a % of the total league payroll and then your buy-in is that % of the total league buy-in (the total league buy-in is figured based on $55/tm, so $880 total). This way everyone has the option to run their team how they want, and put in however much they want. Of course, there will be some people that decide to run a Yankees type budget and some that decide to run on a shoestring budget (I plan to run the shoestring type). That is what makes this league so great! Starting lineups will be C,2-CI,2-MI,3-OF,3-UTIL,10-Pitchers with 10 bench spots and 5 IR spots to be used only for players that are actually injured or suspended. In addition to this each team will have the option of having up to 50 minor league players, but each one is given a league minimum contract ($1) until promoted to the MLB at which time they'll receive a standard 3 year (with an option after the 2nd) contract at $5. Teams can choose to own up to the max of 50 minor league players, or none at all. Again, this league is all about being flexible. Everyone gets to run their teams how they want.

Payouts

$200 - Champion
$150 - 2nd Place
$100 - 3rd Place
$50 - 4th Place
$40 - 5th and 6th Place
$30 - Division Champions (4 divisions)
$20 - Monthly Best Record (April-August)

Either respond here or email me at freemarketfbb@hotmail.com if interested. I can cover more of the rules and send you a copy of the league constitution.

I also have a 12 team 5x5 H2H Keeper on ESPN that is going into its 5th season that needs to fill 2 spots. Here's the link for that one http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffi ... sonId=2013 the teams are Rick Rude's Mustache and C-Town Bombers

If you're interested in the ESPN league you can email me at turtle_10_2009@hotmail.com I have different emails for the two leagues because it makes it a lot easier to keep everything organized.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Quackman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Ill be doing a couple 50.00 yahoo leagues. Leaguesafe. standard categories, h2h. yahoo isnt open yet to set things up though.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby coloslc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey Alex Im starting a new league

League will be a H2H point based system dynasty league, which will consist of 24 teams. We will utilize both the MLB and Minor league player’s pool. League will have arbitration, luxury tax, 25 & 40 rosters, rule 5 draft and deep minors and more. We will us CBS sportsline services to track scores. $120 to start, League will use actual player salary. Each Club will pay $1.50 for every million you spend in Players salaries. So the more you spend the more you pay.

Weekly = 6 games
Vs team 1 batters points, pitchers points, total points = 3 games
Vs team 2 batters points, pitchers points, total points = 3 games

This League is VERY detailed constitution is 16 page. This will be a year around league with big rosters. coloslc42@gmail.com

If still looking let me know and i Will sent you more info.

Thanks,
Shane
coloslc
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby septjet2 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:53 pm

septjet2
College Coach
College Coach