I need 10 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

I need 10

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I need 10

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:37 pm

KELLYLEAK wrote:Picking Hamilton over Rizzo is not crazy. His speed will give Padres Fan a big edge over everyone else. Myers also gives you power for years to come as well. This is a keeper league- I'm thinking a year or two down the road not just this year. That combo, along with high avg guys like Votto and Mauer, keep his team well balanced imo.

Most likely that Hamilton and Myers don't come up till June, to help delay their clock.
Hamilton is by no means a sure bet to hit at all. He might hit, but he might be Dee Gordon too.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Fear the Beard » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Votto
Stanton
Trout
Harper
Hernandez
Myers
Mauer
Reed
Wainwright
Bautista
Fear the Beard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Brainstorm » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm

KELLYLEAK wrote:Picking Hamilton over Rizzo is not crazy. His speed will give Padres Fan a big edge over everyone else. Myers also gives you power for years to come as well. This is a keeper league- I'm thinking a year or two down the road not just this year. That combo, along with high avg guys like Votto and Mauer, keep his team well balanced imo.

If Hamilton was guaranteed to be up all season, it might be a different story, but without that it's clearly Rizzo. He can target speed in his draft now anyway, it's harder to get power bats than speed bats IMO.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby KELLYLEAK » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I got news for you- Rizzo is not a sure bet either. There are no sure bets. Rizzo's probably a .270 avg guy with power who plays for the lousy Cubs- not exactly Pujolseske or Vottolike for a 1B. I usually am very biased to go for power but not here.

And to the original poster of the thread that called me crazy as well- you're the tool who put him on the list. If you don't want to consider him why the heck did you list him for??? I'm not guaranteeing I'm right, no one can do that, but i hate it when people view THEIR opinions as the absolute law and MINE are completely wrong and worthless. I think Hamilton will be this generations Rickey Henderson or Lou Brock. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. He'll give you runs, decent avg .280, lead the league in steals, and is slated to play on a powerful offense in a hitters park with Votto and Bruce to knock him in. Rizzo, meanwhile, is playing with legendary stars that are David Dejesus and Darwin Barney.

I'm sorry I responded to this dumb thread. I hope Hamilton runs over all of your teams.
KELLYLEAK Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Fear the Beard » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 pm

I agree look at hamiltons number in the minors for steals he is like no one ive ever seen before do i see him coming up this year not really but Choo contract is up next year and they r playing him at CF so he is the future CF for the reds and has the speed to shatter SB records in the majors but knocking Rizzo isnt fair either he put up solid numbers for a bad cubs team and he is young and the cubs have a top 10 farm system now so in the next few years they should improve and will increse rizzo rbi numbers i can see him being a 20HR guy with 85-100 rbi granted they build the team right around him and castro
Fear the Beard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:36 pm

KELLYLEAK wrote:I got news for you- Rizzo is not a sure bet either. There are no sure bets. Rizzo's probably a .270 avg guy with power who plays for the lousy Cubs- not exactly Pujolseske or Vottolike for a 1B. I usually am very biased to go for power but not here.

And to the original poster of the thread that called me crazy as well- you're the tool who put him on the list. If you don't want to consider him why the heck did you list him for??? I'm not guaranteeing I'm right, no one can do that, but i hate it when people view THEIR opinions as the absolute law and MINE are completely wrong and worthless. I think Hamilton will be this generations Rickey Henderson or Lou Brock. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. He'll give you runs, decent avg .280, lead the league in steals, and is slated to play on a powerful offense in a hitters park with Votto and Bruce to knock him in. Rizzo, meanwhile, is playing with legendary stars that are David Dejesus and Darwin Barney.

I'm sorry I responded to this dumb thread. I hope Hamilton runs over all of your teams.

No reason to throw a fit is there?
I'm the one who said it was crazy btw, not the OP.
It was no slam on you, as i didn't quote your name at 1st.
It was just bad advice imo.
You guaranting that Hamilton breaks with the club?
Brock and Henderson are bad comparisions, they could hit.
Hamilton has Bourn, Dee Gordon speed, and will likely will be Bourns bat best case scenerio, Gordons worst case.
Rizzo is batting in the heart of the lineup. He's playing, and has some MLB abs.
Hamilton has neither right now.
As of right now, Rizzo is the better keep.
Maybe in a year it could change, but you want to win now.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions