ESPN daily lineups prevent streaming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ESPN daily lineups prevent streaming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ESPN daily lineups prevent streaming

Postby colt4523 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:19 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
colt4523 wrote:I was leaning towards 10 start max per week and 60 acquisitions for the season. Should I still do the FAAB? Which days and time would be best if I decide that route?

I'd say if you do FAAB then don't cap pick ups and visa versa.

If I do FAAB, what would be a good amount to give for each team?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

colt4523 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
colt4523 wrote:I was leaning towards 10 start max per week and 60 acquisitions for the season. Should I still do the FAAB? Which days and time would be best if I decide that route?

I'd say if you do FAAB then don't cap pick ups and visa versa.

If I do FAAB, what would be a good amount to give for each team?

$100 is pretty standard but you can adjust that based on your own preferences. I did one league last year with $140 and $1 minimum bids and one league with $100 and $0 minimum bids.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 810)

Postby bigmck » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:29 am

I agree with Giantsfan in the post above. I have always preferred either a Weekly Acquisition Limit or the FAAB. I just never cared for a Season Limit.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Postby fsbarren » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 am

The only thing about FAAB is that if you're sneaky about things, you can save your dollars for the playoffs and then stream-stream-stream your way to a championship.

I think the weekly limits is reasonable, at least from a pitching standpoint. 60 acquisitions is a little low for me and I'm suspect some of the more active owners (who speculate on players a lot but not necessarily streaming). I'd personally do 80-100 acquisitions and then analyze everyone's transactions stats at the end of the season and adjust accordingly (if you go too low, then everyone will look the same and that's no fun, lol).

Good luck!
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 222)

Postby StoneColdBrown » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 am

That first sentence from fsbarren's post above is exactly why I banned acquisitions once the playoffs start, only making exceptions for contenders who have players legitimately go on the DL during the playoffs.

I also think 60 is a bit low for moves (even though there are theoretically only 65 allowed in my league) for the reasons he gave. I prefer leagues with unlimited transactions for non-streaming purposes, but there's no way to differentiate unless you maybe institute a longer waiver period. I suppose you could make a rule that all players acquired have to stay on a team's roster for maybe 3 days or something.

One radical solution that a commish has in a league I'm in is to only have one SP slot. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but allowing for fewer SP slots and watching for people who try to start pitchers with RP eligibility is also an option.

A 'max starts per week' won't work on ESPN because...say your max is 10. It's really "nine plus however many starts one can fit in on Sunday". I've used that loophole, and people have used it against me - often at the same time.

Anyway, just a bunch of ideas.
StoneColdBrown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner