2013 Keepers - Due Date 2/15, 11:59 PM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Keepers - Due Date 2/15, 11:59 PM

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date TBD

Postby ensanimal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 am

Keepers:

Billy Butler, 1B, KC (Rd 5 -> Rd 4)
Jason Heyward, OF, ATL (Rd 9 -> Rd 7)
Shin-Soo Choo, OF, CIN (Rd 15 -> Rd 12)
Ian Kennedy, SP, ARI (Rd 16 -> Rd 13)
Brett Lawrie, 3B, TOR (Rd 26 -> Rd 22)
Last edited by ensanimal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10617
(Past Year: 110)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date TBD

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 am

Probable:

Bryce Harper (Rd 25 -> 22)
Manny Machado (FA -> 15)
Albert Pujols (Rd 1)
Matt Moore (Rd 15 -> 12)
Felix Hernandez (Rd 7 -> Rd 5)

Considering:

Wil Myers (FA -> 15)
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3274
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date TBD

Postby j24jags » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:51 am

RedHopeful wrote:Probable:

Bryce Harper (Rd 25 -> 22)
Manny Machado (FA -> 15)
Albert Pujols (Rd 1)
Matt Moore (Rd 15 -> 12)
Felix Hernandez (Rd 7 -> Rd 5)

Considering:

Wil Myers (FA -> 15)


Myers & Machado actually aren't eligible to be kept. Here is a rule from the rules thread. The only reason I remember this & caught this was because I made the rule when I started the league up a few years ago. We wanted to prevent can't miss prospects from being such valuable WW pickups & becoming 15th round keepers.

j24jags wrote:FAs can be kept for a 15th Round Pick (Escalates for two seasons)
WW Additions to Yahoo (Ex. Top Prospect called up, picked up by person with top priority) CANNOT be kept
WW drops (Player A is drafted in the 10th round, dropped, and picked up by Team 1, Team 1 must give up a 10th round pick to keep him) are kept for the round they were originally drafted

This was what was voted on for players who are kept after being added from the WW.


viewtopic.php?t=368931
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date TBD

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 pm

j24jags wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Probable:

Bryce Harper (Rd 25 -> 22)
Manny Machado (FA -> 15)
Albert Pujols (Rd 1)
Matt Moore (Rd 15 -> 12)
Felix Hernandez (Rd 7 -> Rd 5)

Considering:

Wil Myers (FA -> 15)


Myers & Machado actually aren't eligible to be kept. Here is a rule from the rules thread. The only reason I remember this & caught this was because I made the rule when I started the league up a few years ago. We wanted to prevent can't miss prospects from being such valuable WW pickups & becoming 15th round keepers.

j24jags wrote:FAs can be kept for a 15th Round Pick (Escalates for two seasons)
WW Additions to Yahoo (Ex. Top Prospect called up, picked up by person with top priority) CANNOT be kept
WW drops (Player A is drafted in the 10th round, dropped, and picked up by Team 1, Team 1 must give up a 10th round pick to keep him) are kept for the round they were originally drafted

This was what was voted on for players who are kept after being added from the WW.


viewtopic.php?t=368931

Gotcha. Since Myers wasn't drafted in last year's draft, I'll assume Yahoo did add him later in the season. HOWEVER, Machado was drafted in the 24th round last year by thejusman1 so according the the rules, any player dropped can be kept by another from that round. Guess I should be thanking you for the improvement in round status. ;-)

My Keepers:

Bryce Harper (Rd 25 -> 21)
Manny Machado (Rd 24 -> 20)
Albert Pujols (Rd 1)
Matt Moore (Rd 15 -> 12)
Felix Hernandez (Rd 7 -> Rd 5)
Last edited by RedHopeful on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3274
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date TBD

Postby j24jags » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:02 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
j24jags wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Probable:

Bryce Harper (Rd 25 -> 22)
Manny Machado (FA -> 15)
Albert Pujols (Rd 1)
Matt Moore (Rd 15 -> 12)
Felix Hernandez (Rd 7 -> Rd 5)

Considering:

Wil Myers (FA -> 15)


Myers & Machado actually aren't eligible to be kept. Here is a rule from the rules thread. The only reason I remember this & caught this was because I made the rule when I started the league up a few years ago. We wanted to prevent can't miss prospects from being such valuable WW pickups & becoming 15th round keepers.

j24jags wrote:FAs can be kept for a 15th Round Pick (Escalates for two seasons)
WW Additions to Yahoo (Ex. Top Prospect called up, picked up by person with top priority) CANNOT be kept
WW drops (Player A is drafted in the 10th round, dropped, and picked up by Team 1, Team 1 must give up a 10th round pick to keep him) are kept for the round they were originally drafted

This was what was voted on for players who are kept after being added from the WW.


viewtopic.php?t=368931

Gotcha. Since Myers wasn't drafted in last year's draft, I'll assume Yahoo did add him later in the season. HOWEVER, Machado was drafted in the 24th round last year by thejusman1 so according the the rules, any player dropped can be kept by another from that round. Guess I should be thanking you for the improvement in round status. ;-)

My Keepers:

Bryce Harper (Rd 25 -> 22)
Manny Machado (Rd 24 -> 21)
Albert Pujols (Rd 1)
Matt Moore (Rd 15 -> 12)
Felix Hernandez (Rd 7 -> Rd 5)

Well played, my mistake
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date TBD

Postby zepfan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm thinking these are gonna be my keepers:


Mike Napoli - 6th
Desmond Jennings - 13th
Giancarlo Stanton - 19th
Tulo - 4th
Jason Motte - 8th

Subject to change however unlikely.
Image

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1990
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date 2/15, 11:59 PM

Postby Third Day » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 am

Third Day Keepers

C Sale.....RD8
J Cueto.....RD9
C Headley.....RD15
A Rizzo.....RD18
D Bundy.....RD19
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2091
(Past Year: 272)
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Spiritual World or Milwaukee (I commute)

Re: 2013 Keepers - Due Date 2/15, 11:59 PM

Postby Alpha Squints » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 pm

3B- Hanley Ramírez (Rd 1)
SS- Ian Desmod (RD 16)
CI- Eric Hosmer (RD 22)
SP- Cole Hamels (RD 1)
SP- Mat Latos (RD 13)
Alpha Squints
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 43
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to The Brushback League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact