Fantasy Baseball Podcasts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Podcasts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Baseball Podcasts

Postby BigZ38 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

What podcasts do people around here listen to?

I generally in my day to day travel have time to listen to a podcast each day, and also will listen to them while I work out.

Fantasy 411 used to be my favorite but now has seemed to been gutted.

I like Fantasy Focus, listened to them more last year than ever before.

CBS sportsline guys seem decent, but they often talk about points leagues and other types of leagues outside of H2H and Roto. Also the guys on the podcast is a bit nasally.

Any under the radar podcasts that are entertaining yet informative?
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fantasy Baseball Podcasts

Postby Saltydog » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Fantasy Pros 911 and Razzball are good
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Fangraphs has some good ones and some duds.

"The Baseball Show with Rany and Joe" is also pretty good, but Joe Sheehan is pretty uppity and annoying. Also they don't do too many shows form what I remember.

Used to listen to Baseball Today but it was cancelled. Buster Olney is doing Baseball Tonight but I personally can't stand him.

Some people like Razzball, but Grey is so annoying I can't even listen to it. More annoying than the CBS fantasy crew, and that's saying something

There are also some threads on this topic already that you could probably find with a search.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby higherpie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am

The Tower of Power Fantasy Hour (or whatever they're calling it) at Baseball Prospectus is pretty great, mostly because Paul Sporer is hilarious.

I'll also give a rec to the PRODcast at ProductiveOuts.com. They're not a fantasy baseball podcast, but they do 60% baseball/40% music and are great.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Ender » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 am

I enjoy the CBS podcast but it is really awful for actual advice. Fangraphs is nice though it isn't just geared towards fantasy so you have to pick your poison with it. Fantasypros911 is a nice one for sure. Dear Mr Fantasy is ok but not great and hasn't done a podcast this year as far as I can tell.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jonboy418 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 am

I listen to three:

Fantasy Focus - it's my favorite. I like the information mixed with the entertainment factor. Bonus points for daily once baseball season starts.

Fantasy Pros 911 - it's a year round podcast that is produced weekly, so extra credit for that. It's typically a bunch of guys talking baseball. Good information, can be interactive if you listen live on Sunday nights with their "interactive chat room." It's through Blog Talk Radio, but can subscribe through iTunes.

Baseball HQ Radio - a statistician and sabermetric's podcast. Amazing information and thorough analysis. The entertainment could be a little better since I find myself drifting in this podcast more-so than in the others.
jonboy418
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 35)

Postby HairyHelmet » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:41 pm

jonboy418 wrote:I listen to three:

Fantasy Focus - it's my favorite. I like the information mixed with the entertainment factor. Bonus points for daily once baseball season starts.

Fantasy Pros 911 - it's a year round podcast that is produced weekly, so extra credit for that. It's typically a bunch of guys talking baseball. Good information, can be interactive if you listen live on Sunday nights with their "interactive chat room." It's through Blog Talk Radio, but can subscribe through iTunes.

Baseball HQ Radio - a statistician and sabermetric's podcast. Amazing information and thorough analysis. The entertainment could be a little better since I find myself drifting in this podcast more-so than in the others.

I listen to Fantasy Focus mainly (love the daily shows), a little Razzball, and sometimes FanGraphs specificaly when I want a little minor league ball talk.

Nice call on Fantasy Pros 911 guys. This one was new to me. ;-D
HairyHelmet
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers