Pick up Mcgriff and Rafael soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up Mcgriff and Rafael soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick up Mcgriff and Rafael soriano

Postby Yeaok » Sat May 25, 2002 9:42 pm

I have room for both of these guys. I have sexson and konerko at first but i could switch them around
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby chuckr37 » Sat May 25, 2002 11:33 pm

Soriano walked 3 in the first inning with one out after giving up a lead off double, but he got out of the first with only one run. He pitched pretty well until 2 outs in the 6th when he made the mistake of throwing conine a hard one right down the middle which he promptly deposited it in the left field seats. The four innings in between he was almost untouchable. I have him on one of my sandbox teams and I am going to hold on to him. Lou has said he will get 3 starts (including tonights) to see what he can do. He will pitch next week against the O's and again in against the A's. He fields his position very well. As far a McGriff goes, the only team he seams to be hitting against this year is the Pirates. His batting average is about 40 below his life time average, OBP and SLG are down 30 points and 60 points respectively. Konerko's numbers are all up and if Sexson could cut down his strikeouts a bit more he is on pace to equal or better his career best year. So for my money take Soriano but keep your first basemen.
chuckr37
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sun May 26, 2002 6:28 am

I agree with chuckr37 about Soriano, but I'm not sure about McGriff. He's one of the hottest players in the majors right now, raising his average by 50 points last week, along with 4 homers. His schedule looks favorable in the near future apart from three games in Seattle in early June. chuckr37's right that McGriff's skills seem to have deteriorated, but if you have the roster space (and would only have to bench, but not drop, one of your current 1b's), I'd be tempted to try and exploit this streak.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers