New Budget League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New Budget League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Budget League

Postby TheoSqua » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:09 am

I've ran two keeper leagues for the last 6 or so years, I want to try something different this year on top of those, so I'm trying to start a 8-member budget league and am looking for 1-2 more people.

I don't have all the details ironed out but here's a quick overview of what I want to do:

To join register here: www.theosqua.com/dynasty (I haven't set up the forum yet, want to make sure I have enough members before taking the time to do so).
5x5 Head-to-Head League. Limit on transactions to reduce pitcher churning (especially if we only have 8 teams) and more than 2 DL slots.
The first off-season will be a snake draft on a phpbb forum.
After the first season each team will be given a budget.
The budget will be used to keep players based on an auction value, or to buy draft picks for the next season's draft.
Players with less than 3 years playing time will have a discounted price (thinking 50%).
Each player will be responsible for maintaining their roster and budget, likely through a google docs spreadsheet.

If I get 8 or more players i'll write out all the details. I already have a basic idea of a formula for the cost of keeping aplayer and buying draft slots, but will welcome input throughout the first season to make sure all the details are agreed upon.
TheoSqua
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds