New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:41 am

Lofunzo wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
What a crock. Cashman is about as truthful as Braun and A-Rod. I'm sure it's coming from the top, though.

Well he can't exactly come out and say the Yankees don't want him and are using every excuse to keep him off the field.

I understand that but he could just say nothing or he could do what he did in today's conference call and just issue a bunch of "no comment", which is the same as saying nothing.

Yes but simply put there is no secret that the Yanks want Arod to go away and would love nothing more than for him to be banned forever. I am no defender of Cashman as his record stinks frankly on many levels, his judgment is highly questionable and his personal behavoir with the psycho mistress and all was not becoming the GM of the Yankees imo. But in fairness he can't come out and say we would love to be out of his contract, hate Arod's guts, think he is a major jerk, a clubhouse disease and a narcissistic, cheating, habitual liar and want to see him banned and are doing everything we can to wait for the commish's ruling. Cashman has an obligation to cover the Yankees on the insurance front and to at least state the argument that they are being cautious and following procedures and the advice of their doctors. Obviously, doctor evals can be subject to interpretation but it is not in their interest to bring the guy back sooner rather than later and as long as they stay within the letter of the law they have every right to take the most conservative evaluation of his physical condition if they choose to.

What I am not getting is why Arod is in a rush to get back a few games ahead of a suspension. Even if he plans to appeal and possibly drag this out to next season, I am not seeing why he wants to go to such an extreme in the matter. He surely can't be so delusional as to think he is going to lead the Yanks to a pennant. There has to be some monetary reason why he wants to get into a game now.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby germani40 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:14 am

Sources say Arod leaked info about the other implicated players.

O Arod :-t

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 00690.html
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)

Postby Joe Mauer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Didn't know it was possible, but the guy who has Roided so much in his career that he makes Barry Bonds look like a choir boy has sunken to a whole new level of scum.

I wasn't even shocked when I heard this on the radio today, but I was surprised nonetheless.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby jfg » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:02 pm

germani40 wrote:Sources say Arod leaked info about the other implicated players.

If what players are saying are true about wanting to be rid of steroids and that users deserve lifetime bans, they should be all for ARod being a rat. If the same players who have come out against Braun now say that ARod is wrong for outing players, they're lying in some way. I do get that if this is true, ARod ratted on other people to cover his own butt, but if players are cheating and they don't want cheating in the game, doesn't this help get rid of cheating? Basically a situation of "If I'm going down, everyone else I know who was doing the same thing is going down too". Honestly, I'm surprised players from the 90's didn't do the same thing and just accepted being the fall guys.

Plus, I don't think ARod is really part of any MLB fraternity anyways. He's part of the last generation, the players he came up with aren't the leaders anymore. His private life seems to have separated from the game as well so I doubt he really cares about what other players think at this point. I doubt Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens and Raffy cared either.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby ramble2 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:24 am

jfg wrote:
germani40 wrote:Sources say Arod leaked info about the other implicated players.

If what players are saying are true about wanting to be rid of steroids and that users deserve lifetime bans, they should be all for ARod being a rat. If the same players who have come out against Braun now say that ARod is wrong for outing players, they're lying in some way. I do get that if this is true, ARod ratted on other people to cover his own butt, but if players are cheating and they don't want cheating in the game, doesn't this help get rid of cheating? Basically a situation of "If I'm going down, everyone else I know who was doing the same thing is going down too". Honestly, I'm surprised players from the 90's didn't do the same thing and just accepted being the fall guys.

Plus, I don't think ARod is really part of any MLB fraternity anyways. He's part of the last generation, the players he came up with aren't the leaders anymore. His private life seems to have separated from the game as well so I doubt he really cares about what other players think at this point. I doubt Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens and Raffy cared either.

I agree with much of what you're saying here. I'm no fan of ARod, but calling him a rat while also complaining about players using PEDs as cheaters strikes me as a bit inconsistent.

Of course, your post also made me think of Canseco. He's another player who struck me as largely only looking out for his own-self interest, as opposed to looking to be a whistle blower on something.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby kab21 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't consider the Canseco and ARod 'whistle blowing' to be at all similar. Canseco actually was a whistle blower that told of just how widespread steroid use was. ARod leaked documents that the MLB was already investigating to take some of the public criticism off of him.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby jackie hayes » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Ryan Braun released a statement admitting use of banned substances:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95929 ... ng-ped-use
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Joe Mauer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:42 am

jackie hayes wrote:Ryan Braun released a statement admitting use of banned substances:

Pathetic attempt at an apology. Just what I was expecting.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Izenhart » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Joe Mauer wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:Ryan Braun released a statement admitting use of banned substances:

Pathetic attempt at an apology. Just what I was expecting.

Stopped reading at "Here is what happened..."

All the guy has done is lie. I am sure whatever this says is more lies with some truth sprinkled in. Moving on...
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers