New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Re: New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:21 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
J35J wrote:

Why anyone would blindly follow what anyone says is ridiculous...not even talking just fantasy sports, but everything. You should always be doing your own research on all topics no matter what the consensus is.

I think (and hope) that he was kidding.

Holy cow, its Lo. What's up?

Hey. Hope that things are well with you. I've been busy as all hell working 2 FT jobs and 1 PT. Getting ready to start 20 credits in the Fall so time will be tough.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Steroid Reports - gio gonzalez, nelson cruz

Postby J35J » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:02 pm

abrage22 wrote:Alright...so then what's the point of this site? If no one should take anyone's advice, why should anyone post on the DTKW forums. Why should anyone post anything at all if no one should listen to anyone's thoughts.

Seriously?

abrage22 wrote: Of course you should do your own research, and have your own opinion (which luckily I followed in both of the situations I mentioned).

Ding Ding Ding

Not sure what the complaint is if you clearly did exactly what I said to do. You don't really believe that there are some "experts" that are never wrong do you, hell, you've already pointed out where the consensus of multiple experts can be wrong...we know this..."we should know this" which is why you discuss, listen and do your own research....never should you say, well "so and so" said this so that is what I believe to, without looking into it yourself.

Why am I explaining myself...I feel like this is common sense...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Joe Mauer wrote:
kab21 wrote:Braun's shenanighans don't even compare to ARod's shenanighans. He potentially bought Biogenisis documents to impede the investigation.

Yeah...I think MLB wanted to Braun to be the first one nailed so he was front and center in shame. But Braun got out with nice fluffy quotes from MLB, etc, and a 65 game fine. He only would have done this if the writing was on the wall.

By making a big time player like Braun come to an agreement it should grease the wheels to getting other plea bargains done with most of the rest of the players over the coming days.

I think MLB will tread A-Roid differently. It has been reported that they have even more evidence on him....plus....if they have the evidence that he tried to impede the investigation.....then MLB is going to throw the book at him. Anything is possible and the penalty I think will be severe.

If you read between the lines of ARoid not showing up at a rehab game right after meeting with MLB on the matter awhile back, you pretty much know they have him dead to rights. The Braun situation pretty much confirms that the evidence is so solid and convincing that it is not worth trying to appeal. I think the only question is whether it is 100, 150 or even more games for ARoid imo. My guess is he is going to cut a deal as well but he may feel there is so much money on the line he has nothing to lose in appealing. I for one am still hoping for the lifetime ban lol.

And good for the MLBPA in finally realizing that they serve all their constituency and not just a few cheaters who are hurting the reputations of all of them. Someone seems to have woken up over there and gotten their moral compass fixed.
Last edited by SecretAgentMan on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:14 pm

I wonder if Laurenzi will be filing suit against Braun sometime in the near future.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:00 pm

abrage22 wrote:
rjforlife wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
I think (and hope) that he was kidding.

Sadly, I'm 99% certain he is not kidding. Also, Lofunzo sighting!!!

Alright...so then what's the point of this site? If no one should take anyone's advice, why should anyone post on the DTKW forums. Why should anyone post anything at all if no one should listen to anyone's thoughts. Of course you should do your own research, and have your own opinion (which luckily I followed in both of the situations I mentioned).

Thanks for the laugh. Needed it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:02 pm

CBS Evening News reporting it could be a lifetime ban for A-Rod, but it sounds like pure speculation based on the report that MLB has way more evidence against him than they did against Braun. I find it hard to believe they'd give him a lifetime ban but I could easily see 150 games. Pretty crazy, never thought I'd see MLB taking this kind of action against players without a positive test.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:02 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Pretty crazy, never thought I'd see MLB taking this kind of action against players without a positive test.

Me either. But mostly I'm just glad that someone is finally thinking of the children.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Pretty crazy, never thought I'd see MLB taking this kind of action against players without a positive test.

Me either. But mostly I'm just glad that someone is finally thinking of the children.

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Off of Rotoworld:

"USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that Alex Rodriguez has no intention of negotiating a settlement with Major League Baseball and would appeal any potential suspension.
A report earlier Tuesday from CBS Evening News’ Jim Axelrod said that A-Rod is looking to cut a deal with MLB, but Nightengale is hearing otherwise. Axelrod's report says that the third baseman could be looking at a possible lifetime ban from MLB. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reported Monday that A-Rod's suspension is expected to be announced within the next 2-3 weeks. "
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby Joe Mauer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Off of Rotoworld:

"USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that Alex Rodriguez has no intention of negotiating a settlement with Major League Baseball and would appeal any potential suspension.
A report earlier Tuesday from CBS Evening News’ Jim Axelrod said that A-Rod is looking to cut a deal with MLB, but Nightengale is hearing otherwise. Axelrod's report says that the third baseman could be looking at a possible lifetime ban from MLB. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reported Monday that A-Rod's suspension is expected to be announced within the next 2-3 weeks. "

YES! I really hope A-Roid's vanity leads him to fighting this and appealing and not doing the plea agreement. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! let this be the case. I want the book thrown at him HARD. Kick him out of baseball and have him appeal that. I soooo want that!

On a side note, I like that Chris Davis has gone on record that he is chasing the #61 when it comes to homers in a season. Once I heard that, I became an instant fan of his.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers