Still looking for one more owner - 12 team, NL only... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Still looking for one more owner - 12 team, NL only...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Still looking for one more owner - 12 team, NL only...

Postby adujan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 pm

I posted a few weeks ago for two owners and found one confirmed - I'd still like to try to get our league to 12 owners if possible (however, with the Astros moving to the AL, I can live with 11).

Below is a cut and paste from my earlier post. The information hasn't really changed.

Our league has been around for at least 16 years (I joined in 1997 and it had been around a few years then). For the past 14 years or so, we've been an NL-only, 12 team auction & keeper league. Some highlights of our rules are:

- 12 teams
- $260 buy-in plus $1/transaction. Average annual cost is $360 or so. We use cbssports, so the website comes out of the cost. Otherwise, all money is paid to the top 4 (winner normally gets around $2,000... 50-25-15-10).
- Typical rules - 14 offensive players (5 OFers, 2 Catchers, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, Utility) and 9 pitchers. Standard categories - AVG, RBI, Runs, SBs, HRs. Wins, Saves, Ks, WHIP and ERA.
- Rotisserie style
- Lineups are set weekly - 15 minutes before the first game on Monday. Add/drops take place on Sunday and Wednesday.
- We normally draft the first weekend of March Madness (exact day still TBD, but it's usually that Saturday). We used to draft in Vegas, but fewer and fewer of us are making the trip now that we draft in an online auction room.

Happy to answer any questions you might have. The above is very topline. Also happy to share the rosters of the two owners who left the league.
adujan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Still looking for one more owner - 12 team, NL only...

Postby Hollcat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am

I'm interested. Send me an email
hollcat@yahoo.com
Hollcat
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby adujan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm

The person who replied decided to pass - we're still looking for one.
adujan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kw12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 am

I might be interested depending on the team.
kw12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds