Experienced owner looking for an ACTIVE roto league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Experienced owner looking for an ACTIVE roto league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Experienced owner looking for an ACTIVE roto league

Postby petachi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:53 pm

I've been involved in fantasy baseball for more than 20 years and have been both an owner or commissioner in far more leagues than I can remember.

I'm looking for an active roto league (prefer 5x5 or 6x6..mixed). Fees are ok as long it's in the sub-40 range although free is my preference. I also prefer keeper leagues but redrafts would be fine as well. The main thing I'm looking for is a league where the owners chat and talk trades throughout the entire year instead of just during the season. I know things inevitably get a bit slow during the offseason and during the holidays and such but I would like to have some baseball action during the offseason as well.

Please let me know if you have such a league w/ openings.

thanks
petachi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Experienced owner looking for an ACTIVE roto league

Postby HamptonBayardHampton » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am

If you want a highly competitive League coupled to a level playing field, then our Mixed, Roto, Deep, Auction February-Startup is the perfect storm for you. Take a look at us: http://retrorotoblitzkrieg.forumotion.com/
Thanks in advance for looking us over.
League Commissario
HamptonBayardHampton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby PeoplezChoice » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Please take a look and let me know what you think

Summary

After much thought and deliberation, I have decided to put together a Dynasty League that offers the essentials I believe work best. I have taken bits and pieces of other leagues and combined them to form what I feel will truly be the most entertaining version of fantasy baseball. Thank you for your interest and inquiry. All questions and/or comments are welcome.

Breakdown
14 Teams, broken up into 2 Divisions.
141 Game regular season, divided into 47 consecutive 3 game series, played head to head against the other 13 Owners
25 Man Rosters, with a Minor League system of 10 players
5x5 Scoring
Initial Draft (Inaugural Season)

Each Owner will choose (2) MLB franchises that he/she will control entirely. The first will be chosen on a first come first serve basis, and the second will be picked in that reverse order (2 MLB teams will go un-chosen). You will have up until (1) week prior to the start of the Free Agent Draft, to determine from those two rosters, any (3) Hitters, any (3) Pitchers, and any (3) Minor league players to retain to your Fantasy Franchise. ALL remaining players will then become FREE AGENTS. Of the players you retain you must designate (1) Hitter at $25, (1) Pitcher at $25, (1) Hitter at $20, (1) Pitcher at $20, (1) Hitter at $15, and (1) Pitcher at $15. Of the Minor leaguers you retain (1) must be $5, (1) $4, and (1) $3.

An Auction Draft will be held on-line (Thursday, 3rd Week of February - 7pm EST) to fill your remaining roster. A Salary Cap of $300 (less $120 for Keepers) will be allotted to each team. A second on-line Auction Draft will be held exactly one week later to fill your Minor League roster. A Salary Cap of $30 (less $12 for Keepers) will be allotted to each team.

Subsequent Drafts (Years 2 and Beyond)

You will be able to retain ANY player from your roster for the price you obtained them for plus $5. You MUST Keep (3) Hitters, (3) Pitchers, and (4) Minor leaguers. An on-line Auction Draft will take place on the Third Thursday in February. An Email Draft will follow to fill out your Minor league roster. The Draft Order will be determined by worst to first order from the preceding years final standings and will continue that way for all rounds.

Rosters

Rosters will be limited to a total of (25). It will consist of (9) Hitters, (9) Pitchers, (7) Bench (can be any combination), and (2) DL when necessary. Line-up will be:
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, Util and SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP

A player on your Minor League roster can remain there (even if called up to the MLB) until he reaches 35 Innings Pitched,or 75 At Bats, respectively. Once called up to your Franchise roster he MUST remain there for the remainder of the season.

Scoring

Scoring will be done using (5) Categories for Hitters, and (5) Categories for Pitchers. They are:
Batting Average, RBI's, HR's, Runs, and SB's for Hitters, and Wins, K's, ERA, WhIP, and Save's (Holds get .25 of a Save) for Pitchers.

Schedule

Each team will play a 141 game regular season, going Head to Head against other Franchises in 3 game series. The Totals for each series will be based upon what your player does in real life for those corresponding games (if you play Team A games 1, 2, and 3 your 1B scores what he did in real life for his team's games 1, 2, and 3). This will ensure that there are NO "Days off" or "Rainouts" etc. However, due take into consideration, if your starting player for your teams game 43 does not play in his real life teams game 43, he will get a DNP. This counts for both Hitters AND Pitchers.

Line Up Changes, Adds

You can change your line-up at any point in the season, at any time. Adds will be done Auction style starting at $1 and in $1 increments. The winning bid will be when it has not been raised for 24 continuous hours. ANY player who is dropped during the season can be added at any time with an initial bid of half his salary when dropped (Player A was drafted for $8 and dropped. Any team can start bidding on him immediately starting at $4).

Buy In, Playoffs, Payouts

The Buy In for this league is $100, PLUS whatever the site fees are divided by all (14) Owners. There will be (2) Division Winners, and (4) Wild Card Teams - two in each division. The Wild Card teams will play a best of 5 series (season game #'s 142-144), with the Winners advancing to the Divisional Round. Divisional Round will be a best of 7 series (season game #'s 145-151), with the Winners advancing to the World Series. World Series will be a best of 7 series (season game #'s 152-158).

Payouts are:
Division Winner $250 x 2 = $500
Wild Card Winner $50 x 4 = $200
Wild Card Game Winner $50 x 2 = $100
Division Game Winner $150 x 2 = $300
World Series Winner $300 x 1 = $300
Total = $1,400

I'm sure there are some fine details I am missing, but I think I hit on most every point. Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments, and what you think of the format for this league. I am looking for dedicated Owners who will be into it year round. Guys who all share the same interest in Baseball and Sports and will email, text, call each other to discuss trades, etc. email if interested (andysingleton.nyc@gmail.com) thanks
PeoplezChoice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby fmluder » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 am

You sound like the perfect owner. I just started a league that meets most of your criteria. If you're still looking let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=455822
fmluder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Classifieds