Salary Cap - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Salary Cap

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Salary Cap

Postby germani40 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Anyone know any sites that provide a salary cap? For a dynasty league were forming we want to incorporate a salary cap. I know it can be tracked and stuff just with spreadsheets and rosters but I want one that doesnt let you go over the cap during the season. I know Fantrax provides it are there any others?
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Salary Cap

Postby Kasmir » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 am

I only know of fantrax having salary cap, but there's probably more sites. Also a feature with fantrax is if an owner needs his cap docked for whatever reason you can change only his cap.
Kasmir
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigmck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm

CBS has it also
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Postby germani40 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Are there anyones that are free?

I know Fantrax costs $60 and I just noticed CBS is costs money too. I dont know if there are free leagues like this out there but I would like to use the features of contracts salaries and a salary cap without having to shell out $60 for it
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmck » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm

There are no free ones that do what you want. You can use ESPN to perform the Auction, but there is nothing that allows you to show the salaries and contracts on the site. That would have to be done with a spreadsheet. That would not be too hard. You could then put the spreadsheet on a website so all could see. == Look at this a different way. CBS costs $150, it does everything. If there are 10 guys in your league, that is $15 a person for six months of fun. That is cheap.
Last edited by bigmck on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby firemedicusa » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 pm

You obviously know about Fantrax and my league is in its second year using the site. Other than waiting on their Live auction draft room to come on line, I have no complaints at all. The site is easy to use and provides tons of functionality and so far as I can tell the customer service is first class. I always get a response within 24 hrs. Even on the weekends.
firemedicusa
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby germani40 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm

firemedicusa wrote:You obviously know about Fantrax and my league is in its second year using the site. Other than waiting on their Live auction draft room to come on line, I have no complaints at all. The site is easy to use and provides tons of functionality and so far as I can tell the customer service is first class. I always get a response within 24 hrs. Even on the weekends.

I agree. I do like Fantrax a lot its just the $60 that I dont want to pay. I play in another league on Fantrax where they do use the premium league. Knowing the group of people who are joining the league they are going to want all the money put into the league going towards the pot not the league site.
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmck » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 pm

germani40 wrote:I agree. I do like Fantrax a lot its just the $60 that I dont want to pay. I play in another league on Fantrax where they do use the premium league. Knowing the group of people who are joining the league they are going to want all the money put into the league going towards the pot not the league site.

If the guys in your league won't pay $5 each for a good league site, I would find another group of guys. That is just being too cheap for me................
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dmendro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 pm

We moved to Fantrax last year. Sorry but it kind of sucks. Alot of vaporware on the site (still no IOS app!!!!) and alot of really quirky issues last year. We moved back to CBS this year. I have a referral code that can get you down to $89.99 on CBS. PM me if you would like it.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner