Dynasty Keeper w/ Openings - more realistic/advanced - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Dynasty Keeper w/ Openings - more realistic/advanced

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty Keeper w/ Openings - more realistic/advanced

Postby longxiaorui » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Due to several factors (switching engines & outside personal life issues) we have several opening in a league that last season had a waiting list.

Here's what we are about....

- 20 team mixed league w/ set up for fairly deep minors

- Not roto or points. Using Scoresheet as the sim engine. It is 100% predictive and not historical. More realistic/accurate (and advanced) than any points or roto league. Many who play this type of league would never play roto/points again. Thus, if you are looking for something better than points/roto, shoot a message my way and I'll tell you more about it.

- In this set up, stats are used based on real life within a context. We don't arbitrarily assign points to various stats or overvalue SB or team-dependent stats. Defense matters. Back-ups, pinch hitters, and defensive replacements matter. Batting order, pitching rotations, middle and long relief matter.

- We use a contract system based on years rather than protecting a certain amount of players or using dollar values. Dollar values influence bargain hunting rather than pure talent evaluation. What we do will more closely resemble player movement in MLB. Younger more marginal players are easier to keep. Many (not all) elite veterans will eventually become free agents from every team. More critical decision making is enabled that creates more of the atmosphere of playing the role of an actual GM.

There are a lot more details, but this hopefully gives enough of an impression to let you know if it might be something you'd like. We have lots of off-season activity (for instance the MiLB draft) we are behind on due to some unexpected departures of some really good owners. By the way, the last two champions of the invite-only champions league of the now defunct Box Baseball are both in our league, so we do have some competitive and competent owners that are the foundation of a good long-term league.

If you'd like to learn more, hit me up at fabale2011@yahoo.com
longxiaorui
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Keeper w/ Openings - more realistic/advanced

Postby RedTiger » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:22 pm

why not just play OOTP?
RedTiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 30)

Postby longxiaorui » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 pm

OOTP is great. I would rather play that than any points/roto league, but what we are doing is like other fantasy in the sense that it is based on MLB results, yet to be played. There are no ratings, a la Strat-o-matic, apba, or any fictional or historical sim. Everything is based upon future, rather than past stats. If OOTP had a way of doing that, that would be awesome. Granted, OOTP 11 is the last I have, so I'll have to catch up with what they are doing now, but what we are doing is still significantly different. I think OOTP players would do well and enjoy this type of league though.

Speaking of which, yeah, all the old fictional computer leagues OOTP, PureSim, FPS Baseball, etc and the online leagues associated with them I think all had better and more realistic ideas that 99% of what goes on in fantasy, which is a shame. What we are doing definitely comes out of the tradition of the ideas from those more fictional formats, but it 100% based on future MLB results w/o any player ratings associated with it, just MLB stats a week at a time. It is obviously not as popular as more traditional roto/points, but I'll always argue it is a better format.
longxiaorui
T-Ball Trainer

Postby DonLM » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:16 pm

I am an original member of the Connie Mack League and I couldn't be happier, that I was fortunate enough to be a part of such an extraordinaringly progressive and very innovative league like the CML. It is by far, the best fantasy league I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of and I have been playing fantasy baseball for about 20 years. Believe me, I have been in so many different leagues, I can't remember all of them, but none were as exciting as this one. The CML is the ultimate fantasy experience. We do so many things that the vast majority of fantasy leagues won't even touch or maybe they just feel them unnecessary. Our commissioner has woven ideas of his own, along with great ideas from other leagues, to come up with this finished product, which is the CML. Wait a minute, did I say finished? By no means is that true, for we are constantly looking for better ways of doing things. If you are tired of the old run of the mill leagues you have participated in, in the past, joining the CML will really get those baseball juices flowing.

If you are a baseball junkie in search of a fantasy league that can offer you more, LOOK NO FURTHER, than the CML! It is your open door to the ultimate fantasy experience. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. You won't be sorry!

Hear is a peak at some of the many ideas we have incorporated in the CML. Believe me, there are many more.

* 20 teams which uses all of the players from both leagues
* We also draft MiLB players
* Well over 800 players on the 20 teams
* We do contract years, not $ (This year we have a limit of 50 years) The vast majority of teams can add over 30+ years and still be within league limits. Personally, I have 39 to parcel out. Rookies, DO NOT need to be signed until 2 years after they lose their rookie status.
* We can have 25 keepers, which means all teams can draft at least 15 players in our FA draft. There will be many top players available in this years draft. That will peak and then hold in 2 more years.
* We publish a bi-weekly paper on our website, possibly weekly this year.
* We have our very own ASG.
* Each team names their own GM, MGR, Coaching Staff, picks team colors and what not for more realism.
* This is just a small sampling of what we offer.

Apply now, because a league of this caliber will fill up quickly!
DonLM
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Classifieds