THE MILTON BRADLEY EFFECT.......... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

THE MILTON BRADLEY EFFECT..........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:38 am

Beltre is pissed off ....

yesterdays LA Times ..

"I'm not happy about this," Beltre said before going two for five and scoring a run as the San Diego Padres routed the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium, 8-2.

"I was told I was hitting third the whole spring," Beltre said."Then I get here this morning and find out I'm hitting seventh.

"I've been waiting for this day for four months. I get out of my house, and I'm happy. I've been thinking all this time about this. This is how he tells me? Like I said, I'm not happy."

Tracy and General Manager Paul DePodesta met with players whose positions they wanted to change to accommodate Bradley. Shawn Green, moving from right field to first base; Dave Roberts, going from center to left field; and Juan Encarnacion, moving from left to right field, were briefed. Beltre was not

"I was looking for him [Sunday]," said Tracy, who after meeting with Beltre earlier in his office, had a heated exchange with him on the field during batting practice.

Beltre was not satisfied, saying Tracy owed him more time to adjust to the change, at least as much time as Green, Roberts and Encarnacion

"I'm not happy about it, but I'm not going to show it," he said. "I'm just going to go out and do my job…. But why me? I've always been a team guy. I always do what the team wants, but this is my sixth year.

"My first three, four, five years, whatever. But this is my sixth year, and it's still me. Any time something has to change, it has to be me. I don't know what it is. I'd just like to know."

hmm, sounds like another trade to me ...... :-?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dice » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:22 am

Gee Adrian, with all those all-star appearances, .300 batting average seasons, and 30 hr, 100 rbi seasons under your belt, you'd think they'd show you the respect you deserve. :,-(

Oh, wait.... }:-)
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:36 am

Thanks for the read Wrveres. ;-D

Beltre's upset? Not a surprise, but until he has his "breakout" year that a lot of people predict every year, he's going to get the short end of the stick.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tool069c » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:49 am

He's mad, yet he says he is a team guy for the past 5 years, and changed to accomodate the team. Well I guess when you reach year 6 you no longer have to be a team guy...The door is closing, and beltre's gonna get hit on the ass on the way out...
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ramble2 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:47 am

Advice for Beltre: :-X

This trade impacts more than CLE and LA players. Gibbons owners should be pleased as well, as this makes it much more unlikely that Gibbons will be traded to LA for pitching. :-°
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers