When does yahoo open for 2013? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When does yahoo open for 2013?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: When does yahoo open for 2013?

Postby converge241 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 am

The page also is changed for today

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby posty » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm

converge241 wrote:The page also is changed for today

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com

That was up early yesterday...
Softball Supervisor

Postby converge241 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm

ESPN open
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby higherpie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm

@alextrhodes asked @YahooNoise (Yahoo columnist Brad Evans) on Twitter: "Is Yahoo fantasy baseball sign up opening today?"

Brad replied at 6:36 this morning: "No, but likely later this week." (https://twitter.com/alextrhodes/status/ ... 6744295425)

Sad face.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby haymarket » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:04 pm

ITS OPEN!!!!!! ;-D
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HighHeater » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Riddle me this Geenie.... how in the hell is Wil Myers a C/OF and Jurickson Profar is a UTIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One has actually played in the MLB and the other has not, yet you give the one without a shred of MLB AB's his old position of Catcher, and the other an SS who played some 2B in the show last year a freakin UTIL?

Good job Yahoo! (sarcasm) :-°
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Montana168 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

HighHeater wrote:Riddle me this Geenie.... how in the hell is Wil Myers a C/OF and Jurickson Profar is a UTIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One has actually played in the MLB and the other has not yet you give the guy who has not his old position of Catcher and the SS who played some 2B in the show last year a freakin UTIL?

Posted this in the other thread as well, but looks like there is a bug in their system with the N/A rookies. Under Myers's name, it says he still is on KC when he was traded to TB last month. Also, none of the highly touted rooks like Oscar Tavares are in the system.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Montana168 wrote:
HighHeater wrote:Riddle me this Geenie.... how in the hell is Wil Myers a C/OF and Jurickson Profar is a UTIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One has actually played in the MLB and the other has not yet you give the guy who has not his old position of Catcher and the SS who played some 2B in the show last year a freakin UTIL?

Posted this in the other thread as well, but looks like there is a bug in their system with the N/A rookies. Under Myers's name, it says he still is on KC when he was traded to TB last month. Also, none of the highly touted rooks like Oscar Tavares are in the system.

Yeah, there are some apparent bugs in the system but I'm sure the awesome people at Yahoo and their "free" fantasy baseball service will get it all cleared up and updated soon. I hope at least. :-)
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Ray Zorback » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 am

Am I blind? I can't find the pro leagues.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 237)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 am

A few quick comments, then I'm going to end my (now very long) work day.

- Pro Leagues got pulled down temporarily due to a legal technicality. They'll be back.
- The laments about positional eligibility are almost assuredly all in line with the rules I've described in the past. Guys that have never played follow whatever subjective guidance we get from our provider. Guys that have played get eligibility based on where they played. If they didn't play enough to qualify at any position, they can end up Util until they do.
- Prospects. I believe we've asked our provider to add a set of prospects. Don't know if they've responded yet.
- A heads up: one of the issues I've been chasing tonight is related to the importing of keeper costs for leagues that use them. If you have a league that used keeper costs last year, I'd hold off a day or so until we get that bug fixed. We found the problem, but didn't want to try to fix it in a rush in an overtired state; likely fixed tomorrow. If you renew before it is fixed, it isn't tragic, and we'll help get you fixed up. But easier to just avoid it.
- I was going to give you guys another heads up that I'm currently working on a feature that didn't make it in time for launch. As usual I can't say what it is, but it is something that was frequently requested in our earlier discussion. Just so you know that we're still working on adding features for this season.
- Wil Myers showing up on KC. His page still shows him on KC on sports.yahoo.com, so this is definitely a provider issue. I'll chase them tomorrow to figure out why they're behind.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers