Trade Proposal(Hanley) (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Proposal(Hanley) (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Proposal(Hanley) (WHIR)

Postby stlcards02 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

So, I'm in a 20-team ESPN points league where we keep 8. Here are the 9 players vying for akeeper spot, no restrictions on keepers

Kershaw, Longoria, Andrus, Darvish, Encarnacion, Bruce, Ellsbury, Holliday, Adam Jones

A little background about our scoring. Generally strategy amongst teams is to horde pitching as there's no inning or starts limit, so there's very rarely guys to stream. We count QS over wins, so team has little bearing. Total bases are 1,2,3,4 pts respectively, 3 pts for a steal, 2 for RBI, 1 for a run, and -0.5 for a K. Pitching is 3 for an inning and 1.2 per K, and pts for CG and SHO. In parenthesis are each player's scoring average per game/appearance.

So this may be a formal offer, or close to it: My Bruce or Ellsbury, Andrus, J.Montero for His Hanley R and Goldschmidt.

I not fans of my two outfielders at all, so was thinking if Hanley and Goldschmidt would make sense. He also has Ryan Zimmerman he would trade as well. Would you prefer the SS coming back or the extra 3B?

Thanks for looking and post a link if you need some help back!
Last edited by stlcards02 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Options (WHIR)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Bruce for Butler - Stick with Bruce unless the dollars are vastly different.

Bruce for Pedroia - Give me Pedroia again unless dollars are vastly different.

Something along the lines of two of Ellsbury/Bruce/Andrus and J.Montero for Wright and Goldschmidt OR Andrus and Montero for just Goldschmidt. I am ok with either but dollars come into effect. Would also be worried if you dealt Andrus and who would be available at auction.

Holliday, Bruce, and Andrus for Fielder and Sale - No thanks. Holliday and Fielder are about equal. I know your league favors pitching but still have to think Bruce and Andrus are better than Sale.

Thanks for looking and post a link if you need some help back![/quote]
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby stlcards02 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. It's actually just a straight keeper, so no penalties or the like. I would almost bet if I dropped Andrus, there would be a good chance he drops to me. The problem with some of these trades is it involves a good share or 1B and 3B that could potentially clog things up. We go straight positions plus two util spots. For reference, Bruce and Butler scored the same amount of pts last year in our league.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm

stlcards02 wrote:Thanks for the reply. It's actually just a straight keeper, so no penalties or the like. I would almost bet if I dropped Andrus, there would be a good chance he drops to me. The problem with some of these trades is it involves a good share or 1B and 3B that could potentially clog things up. We go straight positions plus two util spots. For reference, Bruce and Butler scored the same amount of pts last year in our league.

I was thinking the pts per game was the dollar values.

I would strongly consider doing the Bruce for Pedroia. In a 20 team league 2B isn't going to be easy to find. Other than that I think I would stand pat. Andrus is a pretty good SS and I expect him to get better and again not a position that will have much for you in such a deep league.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LARS929 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

I would not be dealing Bruce for any of those guys. I think that his value is going to increase this year; he's only going to be 26 in April, and dealing him could cost you long term. It's tempting to make a move for a 2B like Pedroia, but I think his value isn't as high as Bruce's.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

LARS929 wrote:I would not be dealing Bruce for any of those guys. I think that his value is going to increase this year; he's only going to be 26 in April, and dealing him could cost you long term. It's tempting to make a move for a 2B like Pedroia, but I think his value isn't as high as Bruce's.

People have been saying this for years with Bruce. He is still young but there is little in his numbers that show he is going to get better than what he is. 2011 and 2012 are almost identical. Not sure that he isn't what he is. Which is a 35 HR 100RBI 90 R guy with low BA and ok OPB. Nice but not great. Pedroia is only 29 and still has a number of years left and in a 20 team league, give me the top notch 2B over a solid OF.

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Trade Proposal(Hanley) (WHIR)

Postby stlcards02 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 am

New proposal, thoughts? Or should stand pat and let one of the nine hit the draft.
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lotsofluck » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 am

Encarnacion, Ellsbury, Holliday,

Honestly I would just stick with what you have and drop ellsbury

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=453713
lotsofluck
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 am

I wouldn't trade Bruce
Something like Andrus and the overrated Ellsbury for Hanley
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby plamb23 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 am

HOOTIE wrote:I wouldn't trade Bruce
Something like Andrus and the overrated Ellsbury for Hanley

;-D ;-D ;-D
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 271)

Next