GiantsFan14's 2nd Annual Spreadsheet v9 (w/ Draft Tracker!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

GiantsFan14's 2nd Annual Spreadsheet v9 (w/ Draft Tracker!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GiantsFan14's Second Annual Spreadsheet (version 5)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:07 pm

pitching51 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
AHF wrote:
The easiest way I have found to do that is to cut and paste the names into another forum (like this response itself, actually) and then cut and paste that from the other forum (in this case, this post) back into the spreadsheet in a new column. I am sure there are more elegant solutions.

I can do that and just do it for the overall rankings so that it doesn't clutter up all the other pages.

Copy all of the names then click paste special and only choose "Values"

Ya I did that a couple versions ago. Just hid the column so it wouldn't be in the way. Thanks.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: GiantsFan14's 2nd Annual Spreadsheet v8 (w/ Draft Tracke

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:34 am

Version 8 (3/4/12):
Added a sheet where you can track your team as you are drafting. Just input the player's name and the sheet will automatically pull up that player's projections, total your team projections, and tell you what you need in each category to reach a pre-determined goal.

If you are in an auction league, you can input how much you spent on each player and the sheet will total how much you've spent, how much you have left to spend, how many players you have left to draft, your max bid, and give you a general idea of how you're doing based on my auction values.

I'm no computer programmer, just figuring out excel functions and tricks as I go. Decided to try to put something together to track your draft progress based on my projections and I think it turned out pretty well. It only tracks your own team, but gives you a good idea of where you stand in each category and approximately what you need in each category to win your league.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions to improve it, I'd love to hear them.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 am

Just shot you a donation GF. My email is ajgdrums7814@gmail.com. Looking forward to checking this out.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Just shot you a donation GF. My email is ajgdrums7814@gmail.com. Looking forward to checking this out.

Thanks! Sent.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby melog » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Donation sent, email is bigknaller@gmail . com

Thanks for the great work :)
melog
T-Ball Trainer

Postby TheRock » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:27 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:I'm no computer programmer, just figuring out excel functions and tricks as I go. Decided to try to put something together to track your draft progress based on my projections and I think it turned out pretty well. It only tracks your own team, but gives you a good idea of where you stand in each category and approximately what you need in each category to win your league.

I can take a look at what you've got. Mine tracks standings of all teams and ranks them. I'll look over your dollar values too. And I'll waive my consultant's fee. :-D
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby AHF » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:14 pm

I love the new additions with the draft tracker functions. I am playing around customizing it for my league and putting in some value for bench players (who I can cycle in on off days,etc. to generate a few extra at bats).
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

AHF wrote:I love the new additions with the draft tracker functions. I am playing around customizing it for my league and putting in some value for bench players (who I can cycle in on off days,etc. to generate a few extra at bats).

Glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully it's not too hard to customize. Giving value to bench slots is a good idea, especially when it comes to pitchers.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby AHF » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:42 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AHF wrote:I love the new additions with the draft tracker functions. I am playing around customizing it for my league and putting in some value for bench players (who I can cycle in on off days,etc. to generate a few extra at bats).

Glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully it's not too hard to customize. Giving value to bench slots is a good idea, especially when it comes to pitchers.

I have ad hoc given 50% value to my pitcher bench spots and 20% value to the hitters and that has been useful in past auctions (2 pitchers on the bench; 4 hitters).
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

TheRock wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:I'm no computer programmer, just figuring out excel functions and tricks as I go. Decided to try to put something together to track your draft progress based on my projections and I think it turned out pretty well. It only tracks your own team, but gives you a good idea of where you stand in each category and approximately what you need in each category to win your league.

I can take a look at what you've got. Mine tracks standings of all teams and ranks them. I'll look over your dollar values too. And I'll waive my consultant's fee. :-D

Pssh, you clearly just want to use it against me in our draft.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers