GiantsFan14's 2nd Annual Spreadsheet v9 (w/ Draft Tracker!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

GiantsFan14's 2nd Annual Spreadsheet v9 (w/ Draft Tracker!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GiantsFan14's Second Annual Spreadsheet (version 5)

Postby Lickitysplit131 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Hey man..I just sent you a donation from JManeri131@aol.com

Can you send the spreadsheet to the e-mail:

JManeri131@gmail.com
Lickitysplit131
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AHF » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 pm

I was playing around with the spreadsheet and noticed that the names are all hyperlinks and not text. Is there a way to search for a given player akin to the Cntrl-F search function? Alternatively, is there a way to convert the text that appears with the hyperlink into actual text so it is searchable?

I am just picturing myself in the draft trying to find a player that has been nominated and not having anyway better than sorting by position and then trying to find them while the bids are being called. It is more likely I am overlooking an obvious solution.

Thanks!
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Lickitysplit131 wrote:Hey man..I just sent you a donation from JManeri131@aol.com

Can you send the spreadsheet to the e-mail:

JManeri131@gmail.com

Sent. Thanks!
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm

AHF wrote:I was playing around with the spreadsheet and noticed that the names are all hyperlinks and not text. Is there a way to search for a given player akin to the Cntrl-F search function? Alternatively, is there a way to convert the text that appears with the hyperlink into actual text so it is searchable?

I am just picturing myself in the draft trying to find a player that has been nominated and not having anyway better than sorting by position and then trying to find them while the bids are being called. It is more likely I am overlooking an obvious solution.

Thanks!

I've actually realized that problem as well and have been trying to figure out a solution. So far the best I can come up with is to create another column with the players name. If anyone knows of an other way to do this I'd love to hear it.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AHF » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:I've actually realized that problem as well and have been trying to figure out a solution. So far the best I can come up with is to create another column with the players name. If anyone knows of an other way to do this I'd love to hear it.

The easiest way I have found to do that is to cut and paste the names into another forum (like this response itself, actually) and then cut and paste that from the other forum (in this case, this post) back into the spreadsheet in a new column. I am sure there are more elegant solutions.
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm

AHF wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:I've actually realized that problem as well and have been trying to figure out a solution. So far the best I can come up with is to create another column with the players name. If anyone knows of an other way to do this I'd love to hear it.

The easiest way I have found to do that is to cut and paste the names into another forum (like this response itself, actually) and then cut and paste that from the other forum (in this case, this post) back into the spreadsheet in a new column. I am sure there are more elegant solutions.

I can do that and just do it for the overall rankings so that it doesn't clutter up all the other pages.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:19 am

Just sent out an e-mail with version 6. If you didn't get it, please let me know so I can make sure I have the correct e-mail address on my list.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Re: GiantsFan14's Second Annual Spreadsheet (version 7)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Version 7 coming out. Updated a bunch of projections. Added some notes. Tweaked auction values some to reduce the value of positional scarcity.

I would like to do an overvalued/undervalued sheet comparing my rankings to Yahoo/ESPN/CBS but I can't find a good way to get a hold of their rankings. If anyone knows of a way to get those rankings in spreadsheet form I'd really appreciate it.

-Mike
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Re: GiantsFan14's Second Annual Spreadsheet (version 7)

Postby grizfan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:00 am

Just sent a donation. Please send.
Thanks!
Last edited by grizfan on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grizfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pitching51 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:29 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AHF wrote:

I can do that and just do it for the overall rankings so that it doesn't clutter up all the other pages.

Copy all of the names then click paste special and only choose "Values"
pitching51
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers