Rank These Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Rank These Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank These Prospects

Postby icemic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 am

After being directed to a really cool prospect list (http://thefakebaseball.com/2013/01/2013 ... ankings-8/) these are the best prospects that will be available in my dynasty league minors draft. I pick #4 and would appreciate your input on how you would rank the following prospects (I have listed other players at their positions that I have):

SP - Jose Fernandez (Zimmerman, Fiers, Homer Bailey, Hellickson, Bucholz, Daniel Hudson, will aquire Medlen)
SS - Carlos Correa (Ian Desmond for 2 more years)
C - Mike Zunino (Lucroy for this year and Grandal for the long haul, who do you like better long-term, Grandal or Zunino?)
3B/2B - Jedd Gyorko (I have Headley and Seager, I'm thinking Gyorko will move to 2B, where I have Altuve & Ackley)
OF - George Springer (I don't have much OF, Cain, Chris Davis, Quinten, Brandon Belt, will most likely aquire Jose Bautista)
OF - Jackie Bradley (Same as above)
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rank These Prospects

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

I always go SP, but that has lot to do with fact that I'm in 16-team deep dynasty and pitching dominates.

After Fernandez, I like Zunino because from what I've read he's middle-of-order run-producing catcher. Think Wieters circa 2009.
JOBOOZOSO
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:09 am

Correa
Fernandez
Zunino
Gyorko
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 am

Fernandez

Zunino

Correa

Springer

Bradley

Gyorko.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby PeoplezChoice » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 am

If you have 5 years to spare take Correa. But if somehow Fernandez falls to you at 4 DON'T let him drop to 5 (next King Felix IMO). I like Lucroy over Grandal AND Zunino, and he is just about to enter prime. Book on Bradley is he will be great in real life, not so much for fantasy. For OF prospects I have to believe there are better ones available in your league (Buxton, Dahl, Marisnek, Soler, Liriano, Yelich to name a few) - I would take any one of them over Bradley. Hope this helped (comments on my rankings appreciated and welcomed)
PeoplezChoice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby icemic » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Buxton, Dahl (David?), Marisnick, Liriano are all available (Soler & Yelich are not). You like all of these guys better than Zunino, Correa, Gyorko, Springer & Bradley? We curently roster 7 minors slots, we are talking about expanding them to 8 or maybe 10, so hopefully I could grab one of these guys in the 2nd or 3rd round of our draft this year. I had not heard about any of these guys until now.
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby PeoplezChoice » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 pm

My rankings for those guys would depend on your time frame (patience) and current roster (needs/depth). Correa and Buxton could be the best of bunch but at least 4-5 years from now. Zunino and Gyorko will be solid but I don't see anything over the top (maybe Gyorko if he ends up at 2B). David Dahl, Marisnek and Liriano are all better to me than Springer. And Bradley is not a top arm worthy of drafting ahead of any of these guys.
PeoplezChoice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jeffmerk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm

PeoplezChoice wrote:My rankings for those guys would depend on your time frame (patience) and current roster (needs/depth). Correa and Buxton could be the best of bunch but at least 4-5 years from now. Zunino and Gyorko will be solid but I don't see anything over the top (maybe Gyorko if he ends up at 2B). David Dahl, Marisnek and Liriano are all better to me than Springer. And Bradley is not a top arm worthy of drafting ahead of any of these guys.

We're talking about Jackie Bradley the OF, not Archie Bradley the P. Try to pay attention. I drafted Jackie prior to the MLB amateur draft but he was injured most of his final year in college and didn't impress in his first year in the minors. I threw him back and now I'm kicking myself.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby icemic » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 pm

very nice catch jeff, for some reason, I didn't pick that up and was assuming Jackie Bradley the whole time (I actually traded away Archie last year). So the question for PC would be where does JACKIE Bradley slot in with all these prospects for you?
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby PeoplezChoice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 am

Well for whatever reason, I mis-read and wasn't talking Jackie or Archie, but JED Bradley lmfaoo. As for Jackie, my feelings on him are he will be an awesome player in real life but nothing extra-ordinary in fantasy. Solid average production but not a top 20 OF. I'd still slot him after the other OF's previously mentioned and take the gamble on them. Personally I see Bradley having #'s like .280/80/20/80/20
PeoplezChoice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball