Draft Rules, Etc. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 14 Team Slow Mock II

Draft Rules, Etc.

Moderators: TheRock, Izenhart

Draft Rules, Etc.

Postby TheRock » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 am

14 teams, standard 5x5 scoring. Roster looks like a pretty standard, deeper league with one catcher. How many pitchers? We have 13 offensive spots, I'm thinking I would expect to see 9 pitchers. Do we care about SP/RP? Any bench? Just to fill our rosters (assuming 22 rounds) we will be picking 308 players.

Time limit will be 24 hours per pick, but let's try to avoid ever taking 24 hours to make a pick. We have about two months before the season starts, but if it's all the same to everyone, I'd rather not spend the next two months doing this. It will be far more valuable to all of us, and the cafe community at large, if we can wrap this up in the next say 3 weeks or so. That's about a round a day. That's less than 2 hours per pick on average. Please check in as often as you can, and have someone post your pick for you if you know you will be away. If the clock expires, we will skip you and can make up the pick(s) when you return from whatever players are still available. Bookends - you do not get 48 hours to make your pick. Miss your time and we will skip both of your picks. PM the person after you when making your pick, but this is a courtesy only. Don't show your ugly mug here after we've skipped you and blame not getting a PM. You know you're in a draft, you know where it's happening, keep yourself up to date.

Everyone post your roster in the roster thread and try to keep it up to date. Here again, track players taken yourself, don't assume it's anyone else's responsibility to tell you who you can pick. I will keep the results thread as up to date as I can, let me know if I miss someone.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Rules, Etc.

Postby Izenhart » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 am

TheRock wrote:14 teams, standard 5x5 scoring. Roster looks like a pretty standard, deeper league with one catcher. How many pitchers? We have 13 offensive spots, I'm thinking I would expect to see 9 pitchers. Do we care about SP/RP? Any bench? Just to fill our rosters (assuming 22 rounds) we will be picking 308 players.

Time limit will be 24 hours per pick, but let's try to avoid ever taking 24 hours to make a pick. We have about two months before the season starts, but if it's all the same to everyone, I'd rather not spend the next two months doing this. It will be far more valuable to all of us, and the cafe community at large, if we can wrap this up in the next say 3 weeks or so. That's about a round a day. That's less than 2 hours per pick on average. Please check in as often as you can, and have someone post your pick for you if you know you will be away. If the clock expires, we will skip you and can make up the pick(s) when you return from whatever players are still available. Bookends - you do not get 48 hours to make your pick. Miss your time and we will skip both of your picks. PM the person after you when making your pick, but this is a courtesy only. Don't show your ugly mug here after we've skipped you and blame not getting a PM. You know you're in a draft, you know where it's happening, keep yourself up to date.

Everyone post your roster in the roster thread and try to keep it up to date. Here again, track players taken yourself, don't assume it's anyone else's responsibility to tell you who you can pick. I will keep the results thread as up to date as I can, let me know if I miss someone.

I think just filling out rosters and not worrying about bench makes sense in this style draft. We won't be playing these teams so lets just construct the best lineup possible.

One more thing to add is if you are going to be away from your computer and you may not be around to check the draft please PM either a mod or the player who picks after you a short list of picks you want.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 532)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

For position eligibility what games played are we going by? 5? 10? Theres a couple guys out there I'm not sure if I can slot them into my team now with DH full.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 532)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Izenhart wrote:For position eligibility what games played are we going by? 5? 10? Theres a couple guys out there I'm not sure if I can slot them into my team now with DH full.

I would say Yahoo which is 5 game started or 10 games played.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 851)

Postby TheRock » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Izenhart wrote:For position eligibility what games played are we going by? 5? 10? Theres a couple guys out there I'm not sure if I can slot them into my team now with DH full.

I don't think we care too much, so long as it's reasonable. Since we're not really playing the league out I don't think anyone is going to mind you having some unfair advantage. If your league allows a player in a certain position then draft him there. As long as I don't see Pujols playing catcher or short I think we'll let most things slide.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 pm

I figured 5 starts, 10 played.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager