Draft commentary - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 14 Team Slow Mock II

Draft commentary

Moderators: TheRock, Izenhart

Re: Draft commentary

Postby Izenhart » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 pm

EL BURRO wrote:Are we at the point where we auto select for RJ and move on? This is a little absurd. Anyone care to chime in?

Gotta follow the rules we set, which already changed from 24 hours to 12, not including 12am to 8am, so he has until 845ish am to pick.

I do wish people would send a short list of players out to someone picking on the opposite end like I did the other day. I feel like the entire day was wasted. We can't do this @ 12 hours per pick and it sucks when the same people are constantly holding things up.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:50 pm

We just gotta finish by March 2....spring break for me ;-D

Although, yes, this one round a day pace is quite excruciating. :-t Hopefully we get through Round 9 and most of 10 tomorrow.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Sorry there was tornado weather here in St. Louis and the power was out. And we began with 24 hour clock and now it's 12. If you want to make it less I'm fine with that, I don't mind being skipped this being a mock and all. Anyways, picks made and passed to the Rock. I'll try and forward a list next time I see a tornado coming. :-°
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby EL BURRO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 am

yikes - sorry to hear that, rj. Mocks are fake - tornadoes are real. hope you're safe.... Sorry to be a nudge. Im just impatient by nature... forgive me.
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 110)

Postby rjforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 am

EL BURRO wrote:yikes - sorry to hear that, rj. Mocks are fake - tornadoes are real. hope you're safe.... Sorry to be a nudge. Im just impatient by nature... forgive me.

I'm usually really impatient too, sorry to drag out the last couple of picks, I'll stay on top of it from here on out. Tornado never really touched down here, just tons of rain and wind and such.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rjforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

I took a long look at Utley, then decided the word "degenerative" was too scary for round 9. Could be a big steal in the draft if he bounces back at all.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EL BURRO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

agreed on the word "degenerative". I just don't trust him to stay healthy... at all. I certainly would not be comfortable taking him as my starting 2B -- MI, maybe ... but I would make sure to cuff him with another healthier body later in the draft. The risk may outweigh the reward, but ya' never know. Uts has long been a favorite of mine, but probably would go a different direction, personally...
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EL BURRO » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm

sorta like the Utley pick, I decided to take a bit of upside risk. As you guys see, I'm sort of a sucker for the younger upside players. Hosmer is coming off a disaster 2012 - which is why I like this 9th round value quite a bit for his 3rd year in the bigs. The KC line-up is going to be amongst the leaders in AL offense (Im guessing Top 7). As a "rebound CI" project -- I could see Hosmer going 80/23/90/.275/18
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rotoquest » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm

rjforlife wrote:I took a long look at Utley, then decided the word "degenerative" was too scary for round 9. Could be a big steal in the draft if he bounces back at all.

I actually was deciding between utley/hosmer. The reason I chose utley is he is proven, and during the whole process for Utley over the past few years, he has never lied about his condition once. He came back on his terms like he said he would part way through last season, and put up some impressive numbers in a shortened span of time. So when he stated not too long ago that he is healthy, I'm gonna tend to believe him. At 118 overall, in a 12 team league, that is near the end of the 10th round and I am in 3 of those size leagues. When it comes right down to it at this point, I think I will take a chance on Utley over the remainder of the MI's remaining out there everyday & all day. I figure in every draft you should take at least 2 high risk/reward players...and I already got mine in crawford & utley for better or worse.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

oh, look who finally decided to show up.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

PreviousNext

Return to 14 Team Slow Mock II