Draft commentary - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 14 Team Slow Mock II

Draft commentary

Moderators: TheRock, Izenhart

Re: Draft commentary

Postby oddmanout7 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 am

ayebatter wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:Should be interesting to watch how soon the super team the Dodgers have bought take to collapse just like their brethren at the Staples center.

Spoken like a true nocal snob. :-°

I am actually from SoCal and a Laker fan (and an Angel fan). B-) I just had high expectations for the Lakers, and I am not used to them not even being in the playoff picture.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 am

oddmanout7 wrote:
ayebatter wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:Should be interesting to watch how soon the super team the Dodgers have bought take to collapse just like their brethren at the Staples center.

I am actually from SoCal and a Laker fan (and an Angel fan). B-) I just had high expectations for the Lakers, and I am not used to them not even being in the playoff picture.

;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1324)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:46 am

ayebatter wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:
ayebatter wrote:

;-D

WHO'S THE SNOB NOW?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
ayebatter wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:

;-D

WHO'S THE SNOB NOW?

Hey did I slur the beloved gints, did I say I wonder who gets busted this year, did I wonder just what everyone was going to do with the fake beards they have, no I didn't. :-)

BTW oddman I can't stand the anaheim angles either, in fact I think I prefer the gints.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1324)

Postby EL BURRO » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am

btw - i live in LA; the amount of Dodger and Angels hype right now is disgusting. As a small market fan (SD Padres loyalist), I always seem to be pulling for the little guys. The Oakland A's, Tampa Bay Rays, etc... On a similar tangental note, I'm also a die-hard Clippers fan, so its nice to see my guys finally have a product that could be mentioned in the same breath as the big boys. Having said all that, its a riot watching the Lakers implode -- have an eerily similar feeling that the Dodgers will as well. Greinke in a big city = trouble. A lot of expectations coupled with some aging oft injured vets - not loving the recipe.
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 110)

Postby Izenhart » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:20 am

EL BURRO wrote:btw - i live in LA; the amount of Dodger and Angels hype right now is disgusting. As a small market fan (SD Padres loyalist), I always seem to be pulling for the little guys. The Oakland A's, Tampa Bay Rays, etc... On a similar tangental note, I'm also a die-hard Clippers fan, so its nice to see my guys finally have a product that could be mentioned in the same breath as the big boys. Having said all that, its a riot watching the Lakers implode -- have an eerily similar feeling that the Dodgers will as well. Greinke in a big city = trouble. A lot of expectations coupled with some aging oft injured vets - not loving the recipe.

Re: Dodgers - I'm expecting a mild disaster of some kind after taking the heart of what ailed the Red Sox and making it part of their core. They will be an interesting team to watch no matter what.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 295)

Postby rotoquest » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:03 pm

With already having 2 pitchers & needing SB, I decided to take a gamble. Crawford has nothing wrong with his wheels, and he should steal a ton at the top of that lineup. Good thing there are no fantasy point categories for throwing for outfielders. At 79 overall, he will either make you look smart or you have wasted your 7th round pick in most leagues. It was a tough call to draft him here, but he can outproduce what's left at outfield in this mock.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby EL BURRO » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

like the Hunter Pence and Crawford picks -- Pence a little more cause of the health. Crawford could hit atop that order and score 100 runs/ swipe 35-40 bags easy...he could also be injured and on DL by May, so theres that...
Last edited by EL BURRO on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EL BURRO » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Regarding my Freeman selection, I can see a nice year in store for him - and actually pulled trigger earlier than I wanted to given the remainder 1B selections on board (Id usually be targeting a round later). The eye problems notwithstanding, I believe he had LASIK surgery in the off-season and if he can stop hanging out with blind McCann, he should be in store for a hefty amount of RBI opportunities and decent source of runs with a pretty legit BA. Solid line-up around him and hitting in middle of order. I've got him pegged for 85/27/100 .285
- EL BURRO...
EL BURRO
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Was hoping Dickey would fall to me, but I think Halladay still has enough in the tank to be a #1 starter.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

PreviousNext

Return to 14 Team Slow Mock II