New Dynasty League Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New Dynasty League Questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Dynasty League Questions

Postby dominodoug » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

A co-commissioner and myself are looking into setting up a 20-team dynasty league. We've been doing keeper leagues for 3 years now and are looking to make the next step. What we're wondering is how to go about with minor league systems and yearly drafts. What are some methods that cafe commish's use to manage their dynasty league?

As for the dynasty league itself we are looking to maybe move 2 players a year at most. We want to emulate the real deal as much as possible but still implement a minor league system. I would love to add more but we're just trying to hash this out right now and I'm looking for some outside discussion to get the ball rolling.
dominodoug
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Dynasty League Questions

Postby StoneColdBrown » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 pm

I would say to start small for a MiLB (maybe 4-6 rounds) and then add as you see fit. Same order in every round, inverse order of record (random order starting out, of course).

If you're moving to a dynasty, your biggest issue is going to be keeping the playing field level so those at the bottom don't bail - which I can easily see happening with 20 teams. If you give teams at the bottom incentive to pull themselves up, they'll be more likely to stay as they feel they have a chance. I would take a last-place team with potential before I take a middle-of-the-pack team that's destined to be stuck there...'stuck' to me being something I can't improve without trades.
StoneColdBrown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner