Prospect Guru's I need your help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Prospect Guru's I need your help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prospect Guru's I need your help!

Postby VitoNY » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 pm

I consider myself knowledgable in all things baseball, however, right now I cannot get out of my own way.

I need to decide if these prospects are worth keeping or if I should let them go or try and move them for a better keeper. Please if you would offer your prospective on each of these guys and whether they are worth a keep in a super competitive 14 team Keeper league (keep 12) where everyone has the top prospects kept most years.

Cole

Olt

Singleton

Alonso

Grandal

Pineda

Other keepers are Cano, Reyes, J. Upton, McCutchen, Stanton, A. Jones, Kershaw, B. Anderson
VitoNY
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prospect Guru's I need your help!

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 am

VitoNY wrote:I consider myself knowledgable in all things baseball, however, right now I cannot get out of my own way.

I need to decide if these prospects are worth keeping or if I should let them go or try and move them for a better keeper. Please if you would offer your prospective on each of these guys and whether they are worth a keep in a super competitive 14 team Keeper league (keep 12) where everyone has the top prospects kept most years.

Cole ;-D Keep for sure

Olt ;-D Keep

Singleton ;-D Keep in a 14 teamer

Alonso :-t I've never liked him.

Grandal ;-D Keep unless you need to drop one. I've never been a big guy on keeping catchers in the minor league rosters.

Pineda ;-D You have to keep him to see what comes back. Great potential.

Other keepers are Cano, Reyes, J. Upton, McCutchen, Stanton, A. Jones, Kershaw, B. Anderson Of these guys, I wouldn't keep Andruw Jones or Brett Anderson.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby VitoNY » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 am

Adam Jones of the Baltimore Orioles not Andruw Jones. Sorry I should have been more specific. I think Andruw Jones is playing in China or Japan now.

This wouldnt be for a minor league roster, it would be keepers on my roster, no designated spots for minor leagues. So by keeping any prospects like Alonso, Grandal, Olt, Singleton, Pineda, Cole I wouldnt be able to keep proven talent like Cahill, LaRoche, Rutledge, Dunn. Let me know if that changes your mind any, and thank you for the response.
VitoNY
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm

I guess I'd need more info on your league settings. How deep are the rosters, what positions do you play, etc.? Without knowing that, my strategy would not be to keep many prospects unless you have a very deep bench. Of your list I would only keep Cole and Olt. Grandal is missing too much time for me to roster him at draft time and Pineda needs to show he can come back before I'd roster him...again, unless you have a 15 player bench.

And I should have known that A. was Adam not Andruw...stuck in the last decade apparently.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby VitoNY » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Positions are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTL, UTL, SP, SP, SP, RP, P, P, P, P, P 10 Bench spots and 4 IR spots.

Categories we count are R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, OPS, IP, W, L, CG, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, OBPA

The league is very knowledgable and most owners keep the top prospects. Guys like Bundy, Bauer, Miller, Profar, Arenado, Segura, Myers, Starling, Sano etc are already rostered. It is a Yahoo! league so the only prospects that are not rostered are the ones who werent in the game last year, Taijuan Walker, James Paxson, Oscar Taveras, Yelich.

I do not have a first round pick or a 4th, 5th, 7th, due to trades during the season. If I were to drop Olt or Cole they would be first round picks for sure, so I think I have to keep or trade them. Singleton and Grandal if not for the 50 game suspensions would be definite keepers as well.
VitoNY
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bodsquad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 pm

I would also keep Pineda. I think it is worth the risk, he has a huge upside.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Cole and Olt are the only ones on that list that I'd see as must-keep.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 34)

Postby PeoplezChoice » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 am

Cole and Singleton are the must keeps. I think Olt struggles to be elite though out career. Singleton will be a force and Cole is 1A to Bundy IMO. Pineda is way too much of a risk for me (health, personal make up, NY pressure). Alonso and Grandal are nice but I'd rather have Cole and Singleton for next decade.
PeoplezChoice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby kab21 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

GCole and ppineda

maybe singleton

you are in win now mode so I would try to trade your prospects tbh.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball