Chacin or these prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Chacin or these prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chacin or these prospects

Postby icemic » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:11 am

My current minors consist of: Anthony Rizzo, Trevor Bauer, Shelby Miller, Terehan, Ackley, Wheeler & Jhoulys Chacin. I also hold the #4 pick in this years minors draft. In my opinion the four best prospects that are available are: Jose Fernandez (MIA), Jedd Gyorko, George Springer & Jackie Bradley. Would you rather have any of these guys over Chacin? (I think the easy answer is yes). Second question, do you like Chacin better than any of the other guys in my minors? Basically, should I drop someone else in order to aquire one of these guys?
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chacin or these prospects

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 pm

I would drop Chacin and Wheeler to add either Hernandez and Springer and call it a day.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 137)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 pm

I'd drop Chacin and pick up Hernandez, for sure. Wheeler has a LOT of upside; he could be a true #1, I wouldn't drop him (I'm assuming you're talking about Zack Wheeler, NYM SP not Tim Wheeler, COL OF). I'd drop Ackley instead, assuming you have a decent 2B option in the majors, and pick up Springer.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 am

Jose Fernandez !!!!!!!!!

He keeps climbing as the weeks go by.

http://thefakebaseball.com/category/prospect-rankings/
JOBOOZOSO
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Postby icemic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks for the replies guys. Just to clear something up, I draft 4th in the first round, so my 2nd pick would not be until 12 picks later. So there is no way I'm getting two of those prospects, just garunteed to get at least one of them since I pick 4th. I have Altuve locked up long term at a good price in my majors so I am sitting pretty good at 2B assuming he continues to progress. Just for clarification, are you suggesting I drop Ackley over Chacin lane? The only reason I'd keep Ackley is with the hopes he turns things around and I can either have a solid backup for cheap at 2B or I could use him as trade bait.

I am currently trying to see if I can garner any interest for Chacin. It's going to be a hard sell. And unfortunately I actually think he could be a decent back end of the fantasy rotation pitcher. So keep in mind, there's no garuntee I get Hernandez, just that I get one of those 4. So does everyone like all four of these guys (individually) better than Chacin?

And yes, the Wheeler I am referring to is Zach.

And for the record my current pitching staff is: Jordan Zimmerman, Mike Fiers, Homer Bailey, Hellickson, Bucholz, Daniel Hudson (yes I'm rebuilding) and I plan to aquire Medlen in the auction at the top of the year.
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby icemic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 am

Joboo! Thanks for that link, very helpful!
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 am

icemic wrote:Joboo! Thanks for that link, very helpful!

;-D

I do it for myself every year, so I figure I'd make it available to all, for free.

A couple more sites and I'll make the complete table accessible for download.
JOBOOZOSO
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:I'd drop Chacin and pick up Hernandez, for sure. Wheeler has a LOT of upside; he could be a true #1, I wouldn't drop him (I'm assuming you're talking about Zack Wheeler, NYM SP not Tim Wheeler, COL OF). I'd drop Ackley instead, assuming you have a decent 2B option in the majors, and pick up Springer.

I thought it was Tim Wheeler. Id just make the Hernandez move then.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 137)

Postby PeoplezChoice » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 am

First of all its Fernandez lmao, and second he WON'T be available when you pick 4th (at least he shouldn't be). I'm positive there are better options available then the 4 you have targeted. You have nice young arms in Bauer, Miller and Wheeler (no way should you drop him). I'd drop Chacin or Ackley, or try to package them if you can for say.... Tim Wheeler (jk) but seriously try to trade them for another pick or an upgrade somewhere else. I'd even try to package the #4 with them to move up to #1 for Fernandez
PeoplezChoice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby icemic » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 pm

very helpful PC. thanks. I am working on a deal right now to package Hellickson and Chacin for Danny Hultzen and James MacDonald. Don't really care about MacDonald, just a place holder for Hellickson, looking to upgrade my minor slot from Chacin to Hultzen.
icemic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball