Kipnis 5 for Beltre 33? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Kipnis 5 for Beltre 33?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kipnis 5 for Beltre 33?

Postby colt4523 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Thinking about countering with Kipnis and Hunter for Beltre and Willingham. Willingham is only $5. He probably won't do it but it saves him $17.

NEVERMIND. Sent and rejected.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colt4523 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Still contemplating this offer. Anyone else have an opinion. I tried to get Willingham too but that went nowhere.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Wow...10 guys or so tell you not to trade kipper at that price, and u go ahead and try.....are you not understanding the super value u have with that $5 dollar player, that is huge especially in AL only play.....Kepp your cash for your draft, u mentioned pujols and verlander in your first post.....DON'T TRADE KIP FOR BELTRE....good luck... ;-D ;-D ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 199)

Postby colt4523 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I think it is the fact that there will be absolutely no 3b available in the draft. There will be 5 teams trying to bid on Youk. When I mean no 3b I mean no Plouffe, Machado, nobody. At least for 2b there will be Pedroia and Altuve. 3b is soooo thin in the AL. I guess I will stay put and hope I can get lucky with Houston's 3b :-o
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm

If there are these big name first basemans in this draft available make sure u get 2, and trade 1 for a 2 for 1. Still leaving u with a top notch hitter.....make sure u get a 3rd baseman in that deal....I know AL only is tough, I play it as well...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby colt4523 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Pujols and Prince should both be available. Only problem, Prince went for 65 and Pujols 70 8-o

My league is crazy.
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm

colt4523 wrote:
jtsandwich wrote:Nope, keep Kipnis. More value and $$ for the rest of your Auction. I also would not keep Asbrubal. One great year 2 years ago, I thin his value is $11 tops.

If I don't keep Astrubal, I would have nobody at SS and I don't want to pay 35+ for Reyes in the draft. I really do not understand the hate for Astrubal. All the rankings I have seen have him top 10 in all of baseball. He puts up solid numbers for a SS. The only good shortstops that are cheaper in my league are Alcides Escobar at 9 (who I traded) and JJ at 13.

Oh, and we start: C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OF, U 2 P; 3 SP; 2 RP

Here is what is left on my team after all my trades:
Joakim Soria, Tex RP 3
Jake Odorizzi, KC SP 3
Chris Carter, Oak 1B 3
Sean Doolittle, Oak RP 3
Aaron Crow, KC RP 5
Jason Kipnis, Cle 2B 5 ;-D
Mike Trout, LAA OF 5 ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Matt Moore, TB SP 5 ;-D
Addison Reed, CWS RP 14
Torii Hunter, Det OF 16
Raul Ibanez, Sea OF, DH 18
Asdrubal Cabrera, Cle SS 19 ;-D
Mariano Rivera, NYY RP 24
Billy Butler, KC DH, 1B 28 ;-D
Kevin Youkilis, NYY 3B, 1B 28 ;-D
Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DH 34
Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B 44 ;-D

As I said, not much left after my 6/7 keepers. I have tried other trades but the beltre owner only counters by adding Trout into the mix. I am not trading Trout. The worst part is the owner has to cut a lot of salary but I really do not have any cheap players left to trade him other than moore, kipnis and trout. I was actually contemplating keeping Doolittle at 3. He fills one of my middle relief positions, solid numbers and should get a bunch of holds. Going to keep trying to trade pedroia for someone. I am hoping he should gain more interest when opening day gets closer.

Ok so if your telling me that prince and pujols both go for 65-70 dollars...keep some of your best players for the prices they are at...and keep youk( %-6 )So if thats the case there is no reson to go in to your draft with all this cash if it's all gone on 1 person man...
This is what i would do then...I think it adds up to 134 dollars total, but at least u have a 3rd baseman, you'll have both trout and kipnis for 5 dollars each.......then u have 130 left to bargin shop a little, or wait till the idiots spend 50 bucks on victorino....really look at that plan....it does make sense.
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions