Post Hype Sleepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Post Hype Sleepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Post Hype Sleepers

Postby jeffmerk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:I'm looking for an awesome season from Moore this year. He's going to be lights out!

IMO Moore was over hyped last year so if he's lights out this year he'll be right on schedule. I'm looking for the Alex Gordon types that have mostly been given up on when they finally put it together.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oscar15 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

americanleagueroto wrote:Jesus Montero will continue to improve this year for sure.

Keep your eye on Dustin Ackley as well. Not going to be great this year, but will be a solid MI option

Dave ;-D

Ackley is on my radar...if he drops low enough
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Loving the Flowers mention. If he can get consistent ABs now that AJ's gone, he could be a 30 HR guy (admittedly, with a pretty awful AVG)...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Kimbos Beard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

MaudDib wrote:Hosmer got a lot of love last year and seems to be shunned by those same people this year. I could easily see him take a big jump this year. Not sure where he is going in drafts but if is as late as people are making it feel, he is a great buy right now.

Hosmer is one of the guys I am extremely curious about. It's not necessarily that I think he is going to be bounce back big time, but more that he is so hated right now that at some point he will be a good value in the draft.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Kimbos Beard wrote:
MaudDib wrote:Hosmer got a lot of love last year and seems to be shunned by those same people this year. I could easily see him take a big jump this year. Not sure where he is going in drafts but if is as late as people are making it feel, he is a great buy right now.

Hosmer is one of the guys I am extremely curious about. It's not necessarily that I think he is going to be bounce back big time, but more that he is so hated right now that at some point he will be a good value in the draft.

I only play in keeper leagues and I doubt that Hosmer won't be kept in most of them.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Depends on the league setup. I took over a team and he was drafted for $24 last year which means I would have to spend $29 to keep him. I'm really not sure that is worth it. He hits too many balls on the ground for me to rely on him to break 20 HR and I don't think the steals stay this high for long at all. I like him where he is being drafted in redraft leagues but he is a pretty iffy keeper considering where he went in most drafts last year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Kimbos Beard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:09 pm

jeffmerk wrote:
Kimbos Beard wrote:

I only play in keeper leagues and I doubt that Hosmer won't be kept in most of them.

I play in keeper leagues too and I would think in most leagues where you have to pay the same price for Hosmer this year as you did last year or even worse have to pay more, Hosmer will be thrown back in.

Hosmer will be available in a majority of leagues unless its super deep or there is no penalty to hold him.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Kimbos Beard wrote:
jeffmerk wrote:
Kimbos Beard wrote:

I play in keeper leagues too and I would think in most leagues where you have to pay the same price for Hosmer this year as you did last year or even worse have to pay more, Hosmer will be thrown back in.

Hosmer will be available in a majority of leagues unless its super deep or there is no penalty to hold him.

Let me clarify. I only play in 12 team AL Only Ultra leagues with 17 player reserve rosters so Hosmer was likely drafted for $10 or less within the last 3 years and can still be kept at that salary.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am

Guys I will be taking a close look at. Don't know that they all qualify for the "post-hype" heading:

Hosmer
Flowers
Montero
Minor
Alex Gordon
Delmon Young
Sandoval
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Garry26 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 am

Matt Harvey- SP, Mets. He looks like he is ace quality stuff, but will be overlooked because he's in the Madoff scam shafted, Fred [S]Coupon[/S] err...Wilpon Mets.

Hiroyuki Nakajima- Shortstop. A 300 hitter with some steals.

So far I have not found any Ace type Japanese pitchers though. Those are the really good ones. Matsuzaka before he got hurt, Yu Darvish, and a couple others that are OK, but not ace-types. I don't think they're top 10 SP material, but rather that they're fairly unknown 200K to 200 inning 'ace' types. So they're not drafted as early as they should. So I can draft another known player earlier on, and still draft the Japanese guy later.

Basically, I get an extra top player that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. That's their value. Which will not work with the Shortstop. I suppose I can grab a closer when I would normally grab a SS, but that's not as valuable as grabbing a power hitting 1B and still have a decent 200K SP available later.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers