Who would you keep? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who would you keep? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who would you keep? WHIR

Postby CyboNinja » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 am

12 team 6x6 H2H with OPS and QS keeper league with no restrictions on keepers. I should mention that this league has 1 catcher. Also no CI or MI, just simply C,1B, 2B, 3B, SS,... etc.

Anyhow, out of this group of players, which 4 would you keep? I noted the players I'm leaning towards but I'd really like to know what the group thinks :-D

Josh Willingham**
Yoenis Cespedes**
Hunter Pence**
Cory Hart**
Wilin Rosario
Salvador Perez
Mike Napoli
Brandon Beachy
Josh Johnson

Leave your links and I'm glad to help.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who would you keep? WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm

I think you have it right. Any one of those three catchers are tempting but because you only play one, you should be able to get them back in the draft.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby sdieckhaus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

I agree with the four that you are leaning toward.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=453353
sdieckhaus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kslates » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm

sdieckhaus wrote:I agree with the four that you are leaning toward.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=453353

+1

Help me?
viewtopic.php?t=453355
kslates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Element » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I think that you got it right too.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby wildcatbandit525 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Element wrote:I think that you got it right too.

;-D
wildcatbandit525
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kimbos Beard » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:26 pm

MaudDib wrote:I think you have it right. Any one of those three catchers are tempting but because you only play one, you should be able to get them back in the draft.

I am with this, I take the four you listed, but I might be tempted to grab one of the catchers, especiall since 3 of the 4 players you would keep are only OF eligibile (assuming Hart has 1B eligibility in your league)
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby CyboNinja » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Kimbos Beard wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I think you have it right. Any one of those three catchers are tempting but because you only play one, you should be able to get them back in the draft.

I am with this, I take the four you listed, but I might be tempted to grab one of the catchers, especiall since 3 of the 4 players you would keep are only OF eligibile (assuming Hart has 1B eligibility in your league)

I got Votto inked in at 1B so Hart/Pence will occupy one of my two utility positions. Also we don't have OF we have LF, CF, and RF. Pedroia and Hanley are my other 2 no-brain keepers.

My concern lies with Willingham. I'm not certain he can hit 30+ HRs again givin his age and his health. Last season I kept Hosmer over Trout and my butt is still sore from kicking myself in it all year long. I ended up just releasing Hosmer for an extra streamer in late August. I would hate to make that same mistake again and miss out on another stud who I already had...
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby KELLYLEAK » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 pm

I'd keep Beachy instead of Willingham- he had a career year last year. If Beachy comes back he'll be solid.
KELLYLEAK Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 am

CyboNinja wrote:
Kimbos Beard wrote:

I got Votto inked in at 1B so Hart/Pence will occupy one of my two utility positions. Also we don't have OF we have LF, CF, and RF. Pedroia and Hanley are my other 2 no-brain keepers.

My concern lies with Willingham. I'm not certain he can hit 30+ HRs again givin his age and his health. Last season I kept Hosmer over Trout and my butt is still sore from kicking myself in it all year long. I ended up just releasing Hosmer for an extra streamer in late August. I would hate to make that same mistake again and miss out on another stud who I already had...

I am not certain that Willingham will be able to repeat those numbers from last year either but I think you keep him anyway. I like Sal Perez a lot but I can't justify keeping him over any of those guys and none of the catchers are going to make you regret it like Trout did of course no one saw what Trout did coming.

I like Beachy as well but he will be out half the year and he will be much easier to get back in the draft than any of these hitters.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions