Which trade is better for me?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which trade is better for me?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which trade is better for me?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 pm

16 team league, 32 man rosters, auction league with 260 dollar cap, 5x5 roto style, can keep as many players going into the draft as you want as long as you have enough money to field a 32 man roster.

These are big offers:

1. HIS Giancarlo Stanton(37), Pedro Alvarez(4), Johan Santana(3), James McDonald(2), and Wandy(3) for MY Erik Aybar(7), Alfonso Soriano(1), Corey Hart(17) and Carlos Martinez(minors).

2. HIS Alex Gordon(19), Pierzynski(1), Bonifacio(8), Melky(10), Straily(1), Harrison(1), Darvish(19), Latos(19), Tillman(1) for MY Alex Rios(4), Ben Zobrist(20), David Murphy(1), Corey Hart(17), Nick Swisher(11), Alfonso Soriano(1), Felix(32), and AJ Burnett(2).

MY ROSTER:

C-Martin(3)
C-Ruiz(2)
1B-Fielder(40)
2B-Zobrist(20)
SS-Pennington(2)
3B-Chipper(2)
MI-Kendrick(15)
CI-Hart(17)
OF-RIos(4)
OF-Swisher(11)
OF-Soriano(1)
OF-Murphy(1)
OF-Young(11)
BN-Byrd(1)
BN-K. Suzuki(3)
BN-Aybar(7)
BN-Raburn(1)
BN-Hafner(1)

P-Felix(32)
P-Burnett(2)
P-Casilla(1)
P-Buerhle(1)
P-Chen(1)
P-Correia(1)
P-Detwiler(1)
P-Hernandez(3)
P-Rauch(1)
P-H. Rodriguez(1)
P-Salas(3)
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which trade is better for me?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 pm

anyone have an opinion out there?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Therobsclub » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm

I like that first trade a lot for you. You get Stanton who can fill a void for you. No way soriano does as well this year. I also believe Johan will be serviceable this year. Trade 2 I hate. Not only are you giving great value away in Rios, you're also giving away in my mind the top pitcher in Felix.

Get Stanton! You're pitching may be a lil weak...but there will always be gems on the WW ie last year Medlen, Dickey
Twins for Life baby!
Therobsclub
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby wildcatbandit525 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 pm

I like trade no. 1. Stanton by himself makes it worth it.
wildcatbandit525
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kidsilk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 pm

I am just worried that Stanton is too much money. Each player goes up 3 bucks if you keep him so he will be 40 dollars going into the draft. Any thoughts?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MaudDib » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

I think I like both deals. Deal two you lose an ace in Felix but between Latos and Darvish I think you win. You give two solid hitters and gain one solid one and three with more upside than what you give up.

Deal one though is probably the best deal. You get two solid hitters and one really good one for a bunch of replaceable guys. The only issue is Stantons price. Seems a little high to me which means he is a one year rental. Still not a bad deal on a rental though.

So of the two give me deal one.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby kidsilk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm

I agree with Maudib that both deals are good for me but the thing that worries me is Stanton's price of 40 bucks. Hardly anyone in this league keeps players this expensive and tries to get them cheaper in the draft. I think I could probably get Stanton for at least a few dollars cheaper in the draft if I want to. There will be a lot of talent in the draft due to the above reason. Is his salary too much to take on right now? And should I wait for the draft or grab him now? The other trade gives me like 10 keepers if I want so it is tempting as well. Anymore thoughts? Thanks.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 pm

kidsilk wrote:I agree with Maudib that both deals are good for me but the thing that worries me is Stanton's price of 40 bucks. Hardly anyone in this league keeps players this expensive and tries to get them cheaper in the draft. I think I could probably get Stanton for at least a few dollars cheaper in the draft if I want to. There will be a lot of talent in the draft due to the above reason. Is his salary too much to take on right now? And should I wait for the draft or grab him now? The other trade gives me like 10 keepers if I want so it is tempting as well. Anymore thoughts? Thanks.

Who you keeping now?
Is it worth taking the chance on maybe losing him, for a few bucks?
Alvarez at $4 is great.
Unless you can get Trout, McCutchen, Kemp, i think i get Stanton, and eat a few bucks?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby kidsilk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm not sure who I am keeping yet...probably Fielder(at 43 is he worth it or should I throw him back?), Zobrist, Ruiz, Hart, Murphy, Rios, Swisher, Felix, Burnett, at least. Any suggestions of who I should keep?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:14 pm

I do not like the second offer. Do not like Gordon and think he is overpriced. Think Melky becomes what he was in NY and Atlanta without the roids (unless of cause Bautista teaches him something new lol).

First deal is good if you can take on Stanton's salary which is basically on par to perhaps a little high. The guys you are giving up are nothing to worrying about and Hart is overpriced as well imo. I rather spend 37\40 on Stanton than 17\20 on Hart any day though.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions