Will Justin Upton Move? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Justin Upton Move?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Will Justin Upton Move?

Postby kab21 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 am

daullaz wrote:
kab21 wrote:At what point do the DBacks back themselves into a corner and have to trade him because of all of the rumors?

There have been Upton trade rumors for years, so I don't think they'd trade him just because of the rumors. I think it's more likely that they trade Kubel in a smaller deal rather than trade Upton for well below his perceived market value.

They've never been this close to dealing him though. At some point I think Upton gets fed up with it.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:56 am

RJ that was an awesome post. Kudos.

I would love the Mets to send a package for him. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby kaiser » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:38 pm

With the news today that the Rangers are backing away, I'm suddenly salivating at the possibility of him becoming an Atlanta Brave. Don't forget that the Braves have just signed his brother BJ. There has to be at least some appeal to him in the idea of playing side by side in the Atlanta OF with his brother. Of course, the Braves would still have to put the right deal together, and I don't want to see them mortgage the farm... but man, if they can get the right deal done, as a Braves fan I would be very happy.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 307)

Postby daullaz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

I fleshed my trade post out a little more and posted it to the MLB Rumors blog at CBS Sports. It can be found here:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/mlb-r ... sideration
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby daullaz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:RJ that was an awesome post. Kudos.

I would love the Mets to send a package for him. ;-D

The Mets are reportedly interested. I wonder if the D-Backs would insist on getting Harvey or Wheeler. If not, the trade I proposed may come close to an actual deal, if one is struck.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 am

kab21 wrote:
daullaz wrote:
kab21 wrote:At what point do the DBacks back themselves into a corner and have to trade him because of all of the rumors?

There have been Upton trade rumors for years, so I don't think they'd trade him just because of the rumors. I think it's more likely that they trade Kubel in a smaller deal rather than trade Upton for well below his perceived market value.

They've never been this close to dealing him though. At some point I think Upton gets fed up with it.

This is what I have been thinking. The rumors just won't go away. A few weeks ago they said they weren't going to trade him and if that actually was the end of it then I think Upton would have a chance to get over it but if this continues into spring training, it could effect Upton more than it should.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Ender » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am

I know I would be against the Brewers giving up serious prospects (if we had any at least!) for Upton. He has had what, one healthy season since his age 20 year? Health can be a skill and it is one he hasn't displayed in the minors or majors.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby chargerss24 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 am

MaudDib wrote:
kab21 wrote:
daullaz wrote:

This is what I have been thinking. The rumors just won't go away. A few weeks ago they said they weren't going to trade him and if that actually was the end of it then I think Upton would have a chance to get over it but if this continues into spring training, it could effect Upton more than it should.

This is what worries me. I wonder if I should begin entertaining offers for him in my keeper league. :-?
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby jorgesca » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Why are the Dbacks trying so desperately to move Upton? They've been trying for a while now, I mean I don't get it, he was an A prospect, he has had several good years and one great one, his salary isn't that high and the probability of prospects panning out isn't that high. He has more or less already panned out, why trade him for unproven prospects when his salary is still affordable? I mean they just paid Cody freaking Ross more than what they would pay him this year.
jorgesca
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 pm

The Dbacks have routinely said they aren't trying to trade him. Only that they'll listen if offers come in. That has been Towers MO For the better part of two decades. The only thing that you've heard is media speculation from other markets.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers