Final Keeper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Final Keeper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Final Keeper

Postby colt4523 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Should I trade Kipnis then? If I keep Pedroia, that fills up my dh spot therefore I won't be going after Pujols, Prince, Reyes. Pedroia is in our top 10 most expensive salaries in my league. I guess I still have some time to make trades. Hopefully owners start realizing their keepers are horrible and Pedroia will start to gather interest.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beisbol4ever94928 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 pm

They're all overpriced but I guess I would keep Crow simply because he is cheaper and Odorizzi may not even make an impact this year.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=453281
and viewtopic.php?f=26&t=453235
beisbol4ever94928
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Kimbos Beard » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Originally I had advised to try to move Pedroia, because I thought he was over priced, but after reading your later posts on your league, I think keeping Pedroia makes sense. If Prince is going for $65 in your league Pedroia at $44 seems like a pretty good deal.

I would keep Pedroia and try to move either Kipnis or Pedroia now or perhaps after the draft when you can target what your needs are. I would think that no matter how it shakes out, Kipnis at $5 will draw some strong trade interest.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby kab21 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 am

I would keep Pedroia also. It's kind of hard in these auction leagues to project values since so many players are kept at obscenely low values (Trout at $5 for example). Either you overspend in the draft or overspend on your keepers.

I would make Kipnis available but only trade him if there is a really good offer out there. It's not the end of the world to go into the draft with dh filled. You still have time to work out trades.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby colt4523 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Prince and Pujols went for a crazy amount because they were added to the AL last year and were by far the best free agents available. Teams going into the draft cut their payrolls in order to draft one. I actually drafted Prince at $65. I had a really low payroll. We have a limited bench, so most minor league player (like trout) at the time do not get drafted until late usually for $1 or picked up later in the season.

My problem with keeping Pedroia is that I could just throw him back into the draft and probably get him for cheaper if I wanted him. I really want to make another play on Pujols and Prince so adding about $40 to my payroll would diminish my chances. If I pick one of them up my team will be pretty stacked for an AL only team. I appreciate all the input, it is making me think about different scenarios. Hopefully, I can pull off one more trade. Pedroia has to have some value :-?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions