Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 First Cafe Mock

Draft Discussion

Moderators: Pogotheostrich, J35J, americanleagueroto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby silverZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:48 pm

jonboy418 wrote:
I think I've found a substantial tier in SP. after Latos,mi saw a significant drop off in pitchers. Do you guys see the same thing?


Yea that 7th-9th round tier is the last run on solid potential ace pitchers. Lots of great value here if you pick the right one.

Scherzer
Zimmerman
Darvish
Shields
Sabathia
Dickey
Moore
Sale
Latos
Chapman
Cueto
Gallardo
Last edited by silverZ on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Izenhart » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:50 pm

silverZ wrote:
jonboy418 wrote:
I think I've found a substantial tier in SP. after Latos,mi saw a significant drop off in pitchers. Do you guys see the same thing?


Yea that 7th-9th round tier is the last run on solid potential ace pitchers. Lots of great value here if you pick the right one.

Scherzer
Zimmerman
Darvish
Shields
Sabathia
Dickey
Moore
Sale
Latos
Chapman
Cueto
Gallardo


I disagree, I see two pitchers I rank higher than half of those names. ;-7
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1611
(Past Year: 286)
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Big Papiville

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby silverZ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Two? I only see one. :-b :-B

edit: nevermind, I think I found the other pitcher. :-D
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby stevethumb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Izenhart wrote:
silverZ wrote:
jonboy418 wrote:
I think I've found a substantial tier in SP. after Latos,mi saw a significant drop off in pitchers. Do you guys see the same thing?


Yea that 7th-9th round tier is the last run on solid potential ace pitchers. Lots of great value here if you pick the right one.

Scherzer
Zimmerman
Darvish
Shields
Sabathia
Dickey
Moore
Sale
Latos
Chapman
Cueto
Gallardo


I disagree, I see two pitchers I rank higher than half of those names. ;-7


i really wanted csale or mlatos...there may be one more P in that tier but I think I may wait .. good observation on those rounds
Image
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 4041
Joined: 2 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: cloud 9

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 pm

stevethumb wrote:corey hart out 3-4 months after knee surgery...I almost took him instead of hunter pence

:-t :-t At least it is a mock. :-)

stevethumb wrote:i really wanted csale or mlatos...there may be one more P in that tier but I think I may wait .. good observation on those rounds


I loved having Sale last year but until I see his elbow is OK I'm staying away.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 272)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby jonboy418 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 pm

silverZ wrote:Two? I only see one. :-b :-B

edit: nevermind, I think I found the other pitcher. :-D



I think I see the two. One, yes is still in the tier. The other, I can make an argument against. Assuming I have the same two as you... Can't wait to discuss...
jonboy418
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 354
(Past Year: 35)
Joined: 3 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby daullaz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Sorry for the PM guys. I deleted my FBC cookie and it looks like it fixed the login problem. If you hear about anyone else having an issue, please suggest they do that first and see if it works.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby americanleagueroto » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am

daullaz wrote:Sorry for the PM guys. I deleted my FBC cookie and it looks like it fixed the login problem. If you hear about anyone else having an issue, please suggest they do that first and see if it works.


Mine has been acting up all day as well. Let's see if this posts...

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 162
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby fantasynut03 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 am

daullaz wrote:Sorry for the PM guys. I deleted my FBC cookie and it looks like it fixed the login problem. If you hear about anyone else having an issue, please suggest they do that first and see if it works.


I had trouble getting into the site today. Removing short- cut didn't help. Then the site wouldn't let me log out cuz the log out didn't match the session I was in. Whatever that means!!

Finally able to log out by going to my profile, I think, and logging out and logging back in there.

I need some coffee :-o :-° 8-o
fantasynut03
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 212
(Past Year: 42)
Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby americanleagueroto » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 pm

The Fowler pick seems like a steal to me!

In review of my team, I can't believe I went Posey/Granderson 1/2. Yikes. The "idea" I have in my head entering this draft, especially drafting at the turn was to take differing players early on, building stats while keeping everything balanced (Posey's BA balances Grandersons) RBI's for Posey, Runs for Granderson etc. Talk about "thinking about it" too much, and making a horrible selection in Posey. Even the Granderson pick, meh.

If we were to start over, I'd just pretend it's like every other auction I do, and go from there.

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 162
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 First Cafe Mock

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 1:21 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact