Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 First Cafe Mock

Draft Discussion

Moderators: Pogotheostrich, J35J, americanleagueroto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:34 pm

I pretty much didn't want anyone with that pick right there. I'm getting to the point now where I have no feel for value for each player, the only thing I'm using are daullaz's rankings right now.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 pm

J35J wrote:I pretty much didn't want anyone with that pick right there. I'm getting to the point now where I have no feel for value for each player, the only thing I'm using are daullaz's rankings right now.

I'm sure he'll be happy to know that the person picking in front of him and behind him are using his rankings? :-)

I've been checking out Rotographs and Razzball but I'm still trying to get a feel for my rankings would be. I printed out daullaz and I'm scratching off the players as we go so I don't miss anyone. Plus having a general idea who RJ might pick before me isn't so bad. :-b
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
J35J wrote:I pretty much didn't want anyone with that pick right there. I'm getting to the point now where I have no feel for value for each player, the only thing I'm using are daullaz's rankings right now.

I'm sure he'll be happy to know that the person picking in front of him and behind him are using his rankings? :-)

I've been checking out Rotographs and Razzball but I'm still trying to get a feel for my rankings would be. I printed out daullaz and I'm scratching off the players as we go so I don't miss anyone. Plus having a general idea who RJ might pick before me isn't so bad. :-b

Yeah, the only thing is we value guys differently from the looks of it so I'm not sure how much this is going to help...especially coming here in the middle rounds.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Element » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:28 pm

I've been consulting a few other mock drafts, but once you get outside of the first few rounds there is a ton of disparity. I use my own rankings, but they are auction based. Standard drafts are basically dead to me. I was kind of curious to know how long Wainwright would've lasted had I left him out there. He is lower on most initial rankings that I've seen, but I have him back in the top 10 based on my projections. Ian Desmond was another guy that I was anxiously waiting to see get drafted.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby stevethumb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm

after selecting kimbrel i wanted a SS in the 6th rd...either desmond or rollins was acceptable to me...
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby stevethumb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm

hey i just noticed that 3 guys who pick back to back to back all have FBC anniversaries coming up...
congrats to daullaz, j35j and cordscords for a combined 25 years of posting ;-D ;-D ;-D
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Let's talk Kipnis. I was ready to take him my last two picks and couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't buy him repeating the 31 SB from last year. What are you expecting?
I worry he's going to end up 15/15 with 150 RBI+R and a .270 BA.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby silverZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

stevethumb wrote:i'll bet that roy halladay hasnt gone this long in 6 or 7 years

Same thing with Teixeira. Their age is starting to show. I still think they are good value at this point.

Pogotheostrich wrote:Let's talk Kipnis. I was ready to take him my last two picks and couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't buy him repeating the 31 SB from last year. What are you expecting?

I think he's a safe bet for ~25 SB. I imagine any decline he sees in speed will be offset by a slight power increase. Or he could have a horrible sophomore season like so many have before him. Personally I wasn't considering him a pick for at least a round or two more.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby stevethumb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Let's talk Kipnis. I was ready to take him my last two picks and couldn't pull the trigger. I just don't buy him repeating the 31 SB from last year. What are you expecting?

i think his HRs go up and his SBs come down..looks like 20/20 w/a .255 BA...his 2nd 1/2 might be a clue there and he doesnt hit lefties well
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby daullaz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

This feels like how most of my fantasy drafts (even the local ones) go now that I post all my stuff online.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 First Cafe Mock