Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 First Cafe Mock

Draft Discussion

Moderators: Pogotheostrich, J35J, americanleagueroto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby americanleagueroto » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 am

The back end turn and me go hand in hand it seems! I wonder if snake drafts know I prefer Auctions and that's why they always put me last. :-?

let's do this!

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 162
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Element » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
J35J wrote:I'm going to be shooting from the hip during this mock, I feel really naked right now without my spreadsheet to look at. :~(

I haven't done my rankings yet. It feels really weird drafting without them. I'll at least throw together a list this weekend.


I think that I have my initial rankings/projections done before the completion of the World Series. Last year was the first time (13 yrs) finishing outside of the money in my main auction keeper and it didn't sit well with me.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 719)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Saltydog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Element wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
J35J wrote:I'm going to be shooting from the hip during this mock, I feel really naked right now without my spreadsheet to look at. :~(

I haven't done my rankings yet. It feels really weird drafting without them. I'll at least throw together a list this weekend.


I think that I have my initial rankings/projections done before the completion of the World Series. Last year was the first time (13 yrs) finishing outside of the money in my main auction keeper and it didn't sit well with me.


I feel horrible for you!

:-X
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 762
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby silverZ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:36 pm

I was hoping Cano would fall to 5th for me. I'd rather have the sure thing at 2B than the risky upside Kemp pick.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby sfjb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Kemp is interesting. Worthy of #5 if he's healthy, but risk is involved. There are a few other safe plays on the board still that I may have gone with, but given the depth at 1B and it being a 5 OF per team draft, I think Kemp is more "in play" here.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 194
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby silverZ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm

sfjb wrote:Kemp is interesting. Worthy of #5 if he's healthy, but risk is involved. There are a few other safe plays on the board still that I may have gone with, but given the depth at 1B and it being a 5 OF per team draft, I think Kemp is more "in play" here.


1B depth and 5 OF is the main reason I took Kemp. That and even with all the injuries he still managed to hit .300 with 23 hr and 9 sb in 400 AB. I briefly considered taking the other 30-20 OF available but I still think Kemp has the most upside out of anyone in baseball not named Trout.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Saltydog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Are we drafting 2 catchers?
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 762
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby americanleagueroto » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm

silverZ wrote:
sfjb wrote:Kemp is interesting. Worthy of #5 if he's healthy, but risk is involved. There are a few other safe plays on the board still that I may have gone with, but given the depth at 1B and it being a 5 OF per team draft, I think Kemp is more "in play" here.


1B depth and 5 OF is the main reason I took Kemp. That and even with all the injuries he still managed to hit .300 with 23 hr and 9 sb in 400 AB. I briefly considered taking the other 30-20 OF available but I still think Kemp has the most upside out of anyone in baseball not named Trout.


In my opinion Kemp is the best player available at 5 in this type of league.

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 162
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby silverZ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Saltydog wrote:Are we drafting 2 catchers?



No.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby sfjb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 pm

First pitcher off the board is Kershaw and not V-Lander...hmmmm.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 194
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 First Cafe Mock

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact