Looking for a competitve keeper league... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for a competitve keeper league...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for a competitve keeper league...

Postby Bmorebirds24 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Hello all,

I am new around here but not new to fantasy baseball. I have played for 11 years at head2head and CBS. I am looking to join a league where I can build my team from the ground up and really challenge my abilites against other avid fantasy baseball guys. I am willing to pay from $100.00 - $150.00 to join a league.

If there are any openings to join a league that I can do online I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Looking forward to having good baseball talk around here.
Bmorebirds24
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for a competitve keeper league...

Postby FBB Junky » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 pm

I have 1 opening left in a yahoo 5x5 (obp instead of AVG) roto league. 12 teams and $200 to join. $1200 for 1st, $600 for 2nd, $400 for 3rd and $200 for 4th are pay outs.(league safe holds $) We can keep anywhere from 0-5 players. Players cost there salary from last years auction plus $5 inflation. It is a $260 auction draft. You start the draft with $260 minus the salaries of kept players. Most of your topo guys and stars are available in auction, as a lot of people like to keep cheaper guys.

blakemaxwell55555@yahoo.com if interested
FBB Junky
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rotoballnut » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 pm

We have 2 spots left. Email me at rotoballnut@yahoo.com and I'll email you our constitution. Sounds like we might be a match.

Thanks.
rotoballnut
rotoballnut
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Joeg414 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Baseball Mixed Keeper Rotisserie league (New Jersey base, but the draft will be On-Line via ESPN). 12-16 Teams, snake draft, 6x6, ,13 or 14 hitters to start(depending on the size of the league), 9 pitchers to start,6 total bench spots, 2 DL spots, daily moves, but lineups are locked once the first game starts, free agent pickup limit of 200, all trades will be approve(unless league commissioner and/ or the league thinks there’s collusion or the trade is way too one sided ),Waiver period of two days to pick up a release player, Trade deadline:TBA(sometime early August).Keeper Rule: In 2014 You may keep one hitter and one pitcher in the spot he was drafted in 2013.Example: this year if you draft a player in the 1st round then next year you can keep him as a 1st rounder, or this year if you draft a player as a 5th rounder, then in 2014 you can keep him as a 5th rounder. If a player is traded the same rule applies to the position where the player was drafted. Top 4-5 teams will place in the money. $200 entrance fee per team (one time fee, will use “League Safe” to hold the money) will need the payment 3 weeks before draft date, which should be early March.
I welcome any questions or feedback; league objective: Fun and Completive.
Please let me know if you’re interested. And feel free to forward this to anyone who might be interested. I will like to have all the teams set as early as possible (Beginning of February).
Joseph Gallipoli
joeg414@verizon.net
Joeg414
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dovkass » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

I run an AL only auction/contract league that needs an additional owner

We are now heading into our 12th season.

You can see our rules here

We have a $10 fee for the Rotowire service.

http://prbl.proboards.com/index.cgi

The team you would be taking over finished 6th and has the first pick in our prospect draft.

contact me at dovkass@013.net
dovkass
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby turtle102009 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm starting a 16 team dynasty league with minors. I know it isn't a keeper league as you said you were looking for and it is less than you said you were looking for, but this league will be a ton of fun. If you want to spend $100 you can run a Yankees type budget and try to outspend everyone, or you can spend like everyone else if you choose. That's the great part, you can decide how much this league costs for you to be in. Starting lineups are C,3B,CI,2-MI,3-OF,3-UTIL,10-Pitchers with 10 bench spots and 5 IR spots to be used only for actually injured or suspended players. Its a 6x6 H2H with R,HR,RBI,BA,SB,OPS for offense and W+CG+Shutouts,K,ERA,WHIP,QS,2xSaves+Holds for pitching. A small thing, each category is worth 0.62 so that the total regular season games for each team adds up to appx. 162. This is a salary/contract league with a unique feature, you pay for your share of the league salaries. Whatever your % of the league salaries is, that will be your % of the total league buy-in, so you get to set what your buy-in is. Minor leaguers get a league minimum salary with unlimited (until they lose their eligibility) years, but you don't have to own any if you don't want to.

6 team playoff
Payouts

$200 - Champion
$150 - 2nd Place
$100 - 3rd Place
$50 - 4th Place
$40 - 5th and 6th Place
$30 - Division Champions
$20 - Monthly Best Record (April-August)

There are, of coruse, other rules but if you're interested either respond here or emial me at freemarketfbb@hotmail.com for more info. I can email you the league constitution with all the details.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Corey D Roberts » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm

I think you may want to look at what we have to offer. I wont pitch you here on joining. If you have any initiative (which is a perfect kind of person for us) you will take a look at our blog and decide for yourself.
majorleaguefantasysports.mlblogs.com
This a YouTube video about what we have to offer and what we are looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVJ0Jn-Mwk8

Contact me via email so we can exchange numbers. Good luck on your search.
majorleaguefantasysports (at) G Mail (.COM)
Corey D Roberts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 30)

Postby wynams » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Poker inspired keeper system and 11/12 teams were active in 2012 up to playoffs, very twitter active presence #ucg13 seeks 2 for our mixed h2h Y! $10 keeper viewtopic.php?t=453373

Team 1 (has 2nd overall pick):
Current keepers:
Brett Lawrie
Tommy Hanson
Cliff Lee
Dustin Pedroia
Miguel Cabrera
Jacoby Ellsbury
Elvis Andrus
Or swap out above for anyone: : http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 2012/636/2

Team 2 (5th pick):
Current keepers:
Brandon Phillips
Josh Beckett
Justin Masterson
Matt Kemp
Cole Hammels
Matt Cain
Alex Gordon
Or swap out above for anyone: : http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... 2012/636/9
wynams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Classifieds