2013 Fantasy Baseball Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Fantasy Baseball Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2013 Fantasy Baseball Rankings

Postby WebHamster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Here is the first set of rankings from me for 2013. Fair warning: I didn’t consult any existing sets of rankings, so there’s a chance several things you’re about to see are way off the consensus. That could be good, but it could also be bad — I may have blinders on where certain players [...]

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... nkings.php
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 554)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 Fantasy Baseball Rankings

Postby Element » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Harper ahead of Hamilton and Bautista? Wheee!!! As a Bryce owner ... here's to hoping!! :-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby americanleagueroto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 am

Element wrote:Harper ahead of Hamilton and Bautista? Wheee!!! As a Bryce owner ... here's to hoping!! :-D

I have Harper 10th in mixed leagues... That said, I have Hamilton 6th and Bautista 4th.

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby americanleagueroto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:28 am

Big bounce back for Agon it looks like. I have him 15th among 1B, just not seeing it.

David Wright No. 2 is interesting as well! Just not my cup of tea, but to each their own!

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bayside » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 am

I like your rankings overall. 1B in particular seems to be the most accurate of any I have seen so far.

The one thing that stood out most was Granderson as the 27th ranked OF.
I would take him as a top 15 OF without hesitation and theres a great case to be made that hes inside the top 10.

Also interesting is that Profar is ranked lower as a SS than he is as a 2B
edit - or likely just a reflection of the fact that SS may actually be deeper than 2B this year?
Last edited by bayside on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby EvSolo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 am

Would love to hear your thoughts on Crawford. You have him ranked higher than most places i have seen and he is intriguing to me and a player likely to be had for "cheap"
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Element » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 am

EvSolo wrote:Would love to hear your thoughts on Crawford. You have him ranked higher than most places i have seen and he is intriguing to me and a player likely to be had for "cheap"

I am buying on Crawford this season too. In fact, I just traded Wieters straight up for him (15 keepers). Who knows if that will turn out good for me, but I'll risk it.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Element wrote:
EvSolo wrote:Would love to hear your thoughts on Crawford. You have him ranked higher than most places i have seen and he is intriguing to me and a player likely to be had for "cheap"

I am buying on Crawford this season too. In fact, I just traded Wieters straight up for him (15 keepers). Who knows if that will turn out good for me, but I'll risk it.

I wouldn't have done that, but I'm pretty high on Wieters myself. I toyed with the idea of making him No. 1 in my catcher rankings, but figured that was a little much considering the nice average others guys provide.

I think Crawford is due for a nice bounceback. He'll be in a great lineup, he's been cleared to start his offseason program and he expects to be ready for the start of the season. If he can get to 500 ABs, I can see him approaching 15/30 with an average in the .280s, maybe even a bit higher. I have Shin-Soo Choo ranked a few spots ahead, and he should have slightly more power and slightly less speed than Crawford, but I think their values are similar.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Benkei » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Nice list!

Random, but I thought Jean Segura as the #13 overall shortstop was interesting... it's a low rank in a thin position but interesting to see him ahead of some better known veterans who have had decent fantasy seasons in recent history.

I actually had Segura on my minor league roster last year, hung onto him after his call up, and have been trying to talk myself into whether he's worth keeping for $7. He's not, but still, there is evidence that he could be a .300 hitter with 30+ bags, the question is when . . .
Benkei
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Huff'sThong » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm

If you want to check your own predictions, and see how they translate into fantasy value, check out this iPhone app i made www.FanValueApp.com
It uses a variation on the "fantasy value above replacement" from FanGraphs. Let me know what you think
Please check out my fantasy baseball iPhone app: FanValue, at http://fanvalueapp.com/
Enter in predictions or real player stats, and calculate the player's fantasy value
Huff'sThong
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers