Brand New 16 Team League $55 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Brand New 16 Team League $55

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brand New 16 Team League $55

Postby turtle102009 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Here's the basic idea...Free Market Fantasy Baseball (also the league's name).
What I mean by this is that you pay what you spend. The avg/tm will be $55 but everyone will likely pay a different amount, that's because there will be salaries and contracts just like any salary cap dynasty league, but with a twist. In this league there will be 3 "roster checks", they will occur every off season after the free agent auction, at the AS Break and right before the playoffs. At the end of the season your 3 totals will be averaged and that will be what is used to determine how much your buy-in is. For example, if you decide to go crazy and spend $400 while the rest of the league spends an average of $200 ($3000 total) then your % of the total league salary would be appx. 11.76% and so your buy-in would also be 11.76% of the total league buy-in or $103.50 (11.76% of $880). Of course, money will need to be collected up front so everyone will have to pay the $55 at the beginning of the season and then the adjustments will be made and refunds paid with the winnings at the end. There will be a minor league with those players getting a $1 contract until they lose the eligibility to be in our minors, then they'll be automatically given a 3 year $5/yr contract with a 1 time option to extend after the 2nd year. All contracts are 3 years with an option after the 2nd. Extensions can go up to 10 years with a set increase (to be determined after the 1st year's draft, I'm thinking $7/yr but I want to make sure everyone doesn't go crazy with their bidding and make $7 insignificant).
Payouts will be
$200- 1st
$150- 2nd
$100- 3rd
$50 - 4th
$40 - 5th and 6th (each)
$30 - Division Winner
$20 - Best Monthly Record April,May,June,July,August
The fee for the site is $60 and I'm giving myself a $20 discount on my team (still might just throw that back into the pot for a 5 year prize or something) because of all the extra work with tracking the team budgets.

I've been working on this concept off an on for a couple years now. Usually, around this time every year I start really coming up with ideas for it and add them to the list, but I've had 2013 in mind for the launch since I came up with the idea (that way I'd give myself some time to work out the potential issues). Anyone interested, I can email you a copy of the league constiution along with a link to the league for you to check it out.
Last edited by turtle102009 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brand New 16 Team League $55

Postby turtle102009 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I should clarify that example I gave. If you spend $400 on your team and the rest of the league spends an average of $200 you should have one hell of a dominant team, but this isn't saying you HAVE to spend a crazy amount. If you spend a great deal less than the league average then your buy-in will end up being less than the $55 avg. The point is to let everyone use their skills how they want. If you're great at finding elite talent and you think you can lock up a championship by running a Yankee budget then go for it. If you're someone who is great at finding talent at the back end and you want to run a Marlins (before they got the new stadium and went nuts) budget then you're free to do that as well. That's the great part of this league, you decide what your buy-in is.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cubbiesfan202 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 pm

I would probably be interested... What site? How is money collected? blewis@dls.net
cubbiesfan202
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby turtle102009 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 pm

It will be on Fantrax and the money will be handled through paypal. I've 2 other leagues (1 baseball, 1 football) on ESPN for 4 years now, and used paypal for the money with no issues. I'm just getting some of the final details figured out with fantrax because I've never used the site. I want to make sure I completely understand how all of the different settings work on their site before I go and open things up.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby turtle102009 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 am

League constiution is now finalized and the league is open for business. Anyone interested please be prepared to give me some background proving that you're experienced and trustworthy. I would prefer to be able to get a link to a league page of a league you're currently in if possible.
turtle102009
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds