keeper input please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

keeper input please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

keeper input please

Postby cubbies13 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26 pm

in a keeper league where we keep 12 players but have the option of keeping less and going into draft early. 5x5 roto scoring standard roster size...keeping cain and lincecum at pitcher and then 10 or less of the following hitters. also, good hitters are hard to come by...

1b konerko
2b kipnis
ss castro

3b freese
2b/ss andrus
1b/3b hart

of swish
of gordon
of prado
i love versatility
of crawford
of melky
of gardner
util uggla

the guys in bold i can't imagine not keeping. looking for rebound seasons from konerko, crawford, melky, gardner, uggla...but just being optimistic which makes this decision harder. i also have the rights to jurickson profar.

initial thought was to unload melky, maybe freese, gardner (i like him this coming season for a lot of sb), uggla?! konerko?!and look for a decent 3b in the draft...or maybe looking to deal some people. there will be a lot of decent pitchers in the draft probably only about 35 or so being kept imo but hitters get gobbled up quickly.

opinions?
cubbies13
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: keeper input please

Postby Element » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:37 pm

cubbies13 wrote:1b konerko ;-D
2b kipnis ;-D
ss castro
;-D
3b freese ;-D
2b/ss andrus ;-D
1b/3b hart
;-D
of swish ;-D
of gordon ;-D
of prado
i love versatility ;-D
of crawford ;-D
of melky
of gardner
util uggla

the guys in bold i can't imagine not keeping. looking for rebound seasons from konerko, crawford, melky, gardner, uggla...but just being optimistic which makes this decision harder. i also have the rights to jurickson profar.

initial thought was to unload melky, maybe freese, gardner (i like him this coming season for a lot of sb), uggla?! konerko?!and look for a decent 3b in the draft...or maybe looking to deal some people. there will be a lot of decent pitchers in the draft probably only about 35 or so being kept imo but hitters get gobbled up quickly.

opinions?

Maybe keep Uggla too. I'm hoping that this is a 12+ team league. Overwise you have a fairly weak roster. Garnder is the odd man out for me if you have to keep the 12.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby cubbies13 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:59 pm

12 teams...i just picked up last year due to someone dropping so working with what i got currently...2 top ss's but i like them both a ton...could really use a top 1b/3b but i'm not sure i see that happening
cubbies13
T-Ball Trainer

Postby kidsilk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:21 pm

cubbies13 wrote:in a keeper league where we keep 12 players but have the option of keeping less and going into draft early. 5x5 roto scoring standard roster size...keeping cain and lincecum at pitcher and then 10 or less of the following hitters. also, good hitters are hard to come by...

1b konerko ;-D
2b kipnis ;-D
ss castro
;-D
3b freese ;-D
2b/ss andrus ;-D
1b/3b hart
;-D
of swish
of gordon ;-D
of prado
i love versatility ;-D
of crawford ;-D
of melky
of gardner
util uggla ;-D

opinions?

I'd keep these 10 and you have a solid 3B in Freese. Way underrated player. I like keeping Uggla and Crawford as some might not because they are high risk high reward type players.

please help for my keepers:

viewtopic.php?t=453112
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1227)

Postby kcbrett5 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:42 pm

1b konerko ;-D
2b kipnis ;-D
ss castro ;-D
3b freese ;-D
2b/ss andrus ;-D
1b/3b hart ;-D
of swish
of gordon ;-D
of prado i love versatility ;-D
of crawford ;-D
of melky ;-D
of gardner
util uggla
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby SoCal87 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Everybody so far is saying keep Konerko, but I think it's time you move on from the guy, 37 soon, it's time. I'll try and get myself a younger 1B through the draft.

I'll go with these guys...

2b kipnis
ss castro
3b freese
2b/ss andrus
1b/3b hart
of prado
of crawford
of melky
util uggla

I might consider not keeping Hart and using that extra early pick on the best available bat in the draft. I just don't think he's that special.
SoCal87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:58 pm

1b konerko
2b kipnis
ss castro
3b freese :-t
2b/ss andrus
1b/3b hart