Albert Pujols and Jason Heyward for Bryce Harper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Albert Pujols and Jason Heyward for Bryce Harper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Albert Pujols and Jason Heyward for Bryce Harper

Postby EvilEmpire02 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 am

Made a mistake the trade is no longer for Billy Butler. He is willing to give me Pujols and Heyward. I'm going to accept this trade when the season starts. No one in our league knows about this trade offer yet and I think they're going to be pissed that I am getting Pujols and might try to reject the trade on me. Is Harper worth it? Is this a fair trade? What do you guys think?
Last edited by EvilEmpire02 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilEmpire02
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Billy Butler and Jason Heyward for Bryce Harper

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 am

I think it is a solid deal right now but I do think you will lose the deal long-term. Harper is about a sure thing as you can get and I have little doubt that he will be a top 5 player for a majority of his career. Butler is good but nothing special and Heyward needs to prove that he can stay healthy. I like Heyward and think he can be a very solid player but he just isn't in the same category has Harper.

Again a good trade for this year and I can't fault you for doing the deal because in the end it is about winning now and not 4 years from now.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Element » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 pm

In all seriousness ... Harper could very well match Heyward's output THIS season. I was extremely impressed with his ability to make adjustments so quickly. The only negative that I can see is his position in the lineup. The runs will be there, but it will limit his RBI production. I could see him with a 25/25 season this year adding in a .275 with solid production elsewhere. I don't think that I give up future seasons of Harper to basically add Butler's bat.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 pm

I wouldn't do it like the other two guys have said. Harper is a sure thing and even thought Butler is way underrated and Heyward is good but not great, I would rather have Harper.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=453081
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1229)

Re: Albert Pujols and Jason Heyward for Bryce Harper

Postby Kimbos Beard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm

If you can pull off this trade I would do it, for sure. Although I think 1) by the time the season roles around he probably will have changed his mind or 2) the trade will get alot of negative reaction for your league.

Although it seems like Heyward has been around for a while and seems to carry the "Air" of a bust prospect the guy is going to be 24 coming off a 27 Hr 21 SB season. I love Bryce Harper, but the fact that the guy is just throwing in Albert Pujols into the deal is nuts. Is pujols in his decline, but is still a stud.

You have to make this deal, if you can.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions