Looking for 2 owners for a 16+ year, NL-only, 12 team league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for 2 owners for a 16+ year, NL-only, 12 team league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for 2 owners for a 16+ year, NL-only, 12 team league

Postby adujan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:11 am

Our league has been around for at least 16 years (I joined in 1997 and it had been around a few years then). For the past 14 years or so, we've been an NL-only, 12 team auction & keeper league. Some highlights of our rules are:

- 12 teams
- $260 buy-in plus $1/transaction. Average annual cost is $360 or so. We use cbssports, so the website comes out of the cost. Otherwise, all money is paid to the top 4 (winner normally gets around $2,000... 50-25-15-10).
- Typical rules - 14 offensive players (5 OFers, 2 Catchers, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, Utility) and 9 pitchers. Standard categories - AVG, RBI, Runs, SBs, HRs. Wins, Saves, Ks, WHIP and ERA.
- Rotisserie style
- Lineups are set weekly - 15 minutes before the first game on Monday. Add/drops take place on Sunday and Wednesday.
- We normally draft the first weekend of March Madness (exact day still TBD, but it's usually that Saturday). We used to draft in Vegas, but fewer and fewer of us are making the trip now that we draft in an online auction room.

Happy to answer any questions you might have. The above is very topline. Also happy to share the rosters of the two owners who left the league.
adujan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for 2 owners for a 16+ year, NL-only, 12 team le

Postby KDOGG » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 am

I am very interested. If you could shoot me an email with more details about the league and the teams available I would appreciate it.

kyle.steven.miller9@gmail.com

Thanks!
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Looking for 2 owners for a 16+ year, NL-only, 12 team le

Postby adujan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Not sure what information someone interested may need regarding the league, but below you’ll find some more details. Also, I created a dummy account on CBS and invited that dummy account into the league, in case you want to see the site - http://vegasvalley.baseball.cbssports.com/teams/9/. The username is guestowner1 (or try my email address dujan.an@pg.com... some people have had trouble getting in with the username for some reason) and pw is gobears (this started off years ago as a Cal league). The two teams that need owners are “MLB Takeover” and “Pre-Season #1.”

You can see the rules/constitution on the league website details tab. Some highlights are:
- We run a keeper/auction league. Players can be kept for a maximum of 3 years and you add $5 to their salary for every year kept. You can keep as few as zero players or as many as 10 players.
o For the auction, you get $260 to draft. $1 is the minimum salary.
o Following the auction, we do a snake draft for the 10-player bench.
o There are no disabled list or minor league slots… you can own minor league players, but they take up a bench spot.
- There is a salary cap of $320 and a salary floor of $175.
o Owners have until the beginning of a scoring period to get their team under the cap/above the floor, otherwise the trade that made them illegal is reversed.

Let me know if you have any other questions - dujan.an@pg.com
adujan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Classifieds