Trade help for Freese and Scherzer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade help for Freese and Scherzer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade help for Freese and Scherzer

Postby allen730877 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:38 am

12 Team H2H Dynasty League (Standard Scoring)

My Team

Hitters
C. Santana
Votto*
Phillips*
Moustakas*
Rollins*
McCutchen*
A. Jones*
Craig*
Willingham
Rosario*
C. Gomez
JJ Hardy
Uggla
C. Nelson

Pitchers
Garza
Halladay
Zimmerman*
Skaggs*
Dickey
Cashner
G. Gonzalez*
M. Harrison
Burnett
Feliz
Frieri
Wilhelmsen
Fiers
Grilli

(*-do not want to trade)

I am looking for suggestions/advice on who would be good options to trade for Scherzer and Freese. I want to get Freese because I feel 3B is really my only weakness. I like the looks of my current team but also feel the addition of Scherzer would help my team out in the upcoming year and I think he may have a very good year. I also have to choose 24 keepers. That means I need to cut 4 out of that list so I would also like to hear suggestions on who to cut. If you have any questions of me please feel free to ask. Thanks for any advice.
Last edited by allen730877 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help for Freese and Scherzer

Postby Element » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 pm

allen730877 wrote:12 Team H2H Dynasty League (Standard Scoring)

My Team

Hitters
C. Santana
Votto*
Phillips*
Moustakas*
Rollins*
McCutchen*
A. Jones*
Craig*
Willingham
Rosario*
C. Gomez
JJ Hardy
Uggla
C. Nelson :-t

Pitchers
Garza
Halladay
Zimmerman*
Skaggs*
Dickey
Cashner*
G. Gonzalez*
M. Harrison
Burnett :-t
Feliz :-t
Frieri :-t
Wilhelmsen
Fiers
Grilli

(*-do not want to trade)

I am looking for suggestions/advice on who would be good options to trade for Scherzer and Freese. I want to get Freese because I feel 3B is really my only weakness. I like the looks of my current team but also feel the addition of Scherzer would help my team out in the upcoming year and I think he may have a very good year. I also have to choose 24 keepers. That means I need to cut 4 out of that list so I would also like to hear suggestions on who to cut. If you have any questions of me please feel free to ask. Thanks for any advice.

Those are the four that I would cut, but if you have plenty of room to stash Feliz until he returns I could see you dropping Harrison instead.

As for the trades it would depend on who the other owners want. It's always best to engage the other owner in a conversation rather than playing tag by proposing trades back and forth. Get the other guy to make the first offer. "Who would you want for Freese/Scherzer?". I don't really see Freese being that much of an upgrade (if any at all) over Moustakas. Scherzer if historically one of those guys that posts metrics that appear to make him look like a breakout candidate. Don't fall for that trick.

I would dangle Dickey (hahahaha!) and see what kind of return you could get there. Maybe Dickey and Moustakas for a bigger upgrade at 3B?
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby allen730877 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm

I think Moust could be a top 8 or so 3B but he is also risky, imo. That would be my only reason for hanging on to him and trying to trade pitching for Hitting.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 pm

I agree with everything Element said. Scherzer always looks enticing but he can be very frustrating to own. I am not opposed to dealing for him but just be aware that he has been on the verge of a breakout for a few years now. Freese and Moustakas are pretty close in value. Getting Freese as a backup isn't a bad deal just don't over pay for him.

Other than engaging the owner, look to see what his needs are and whether you have something he could use. If you want to deal him SP but he already has plenty of SP then it probably isn't going to work. Trades need to be good for both sides so make sure to offer him something he could use.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby allen730877 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 pm

What do you all think about Fiers? Do you think he can really break out this season?
Also Markakis, Revere and Eaton are all FA's in my league. Should I drop someone for any of these guys? I know Eaton may not have a starting job right away but is he worth holding?
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions