Seeking Co-Commish for Initial Auction Dynasty League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Seeking Co-Commish for Initial Auction Dynasty League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seeking Co-Commish for Initial Auction Dynasty League

Postby ksutrav » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 pm

I've played keeper fantasy baseball for the last 7 years and have always really enjoyed it. However, there were always aspects of the various leagues I have been in that I did not like. So what I am wanting to do is to create a new league that takes my favorite pieces from all of these leagues and puts them all together in a league that is competitive, fun, entertaining, and most importantly relatively stable from year to year.

I don't have any experience creating a fantasy baseball league - especially one that would be able to do some of the things I am hoping can be accomplished - which is why I am trying to find another potential franchise owner who would be interested in being a co-commisioner with me and help me get this thing set up and running smoothly. Ideally, such a person would already know the best sites to utilize and the limitations of these sites, the pros & cons of the rules, setup, etc.,.

The rules will loosely be based off of a football dynasty league that I was in that just completed its first season (very competitive and very fun with some ideas I had not seen in fantasy sports before) and here are some of the details of the proposed league which I call Bleacher Bum Dynasty League (BBDL):

Step 1 - Initial auction where you have a set dollar amount to utilize (say $200 auction bucks) to fill 26 slots; any auction bucks not used are lost and auction bucks have no value except for during the initial auction; date of intial auction is TBD
Step 2 - owners hand out contract years to the players they purchased at auction between 1 and 7 years; owners have a contract year cap of 100 years at all times;
Step 3 - owners are allotted a yearly $100 in Bleacher Bucks (BB's); BB's are the currency of the BBDL and are used to finance the various transactions throughout the year and offseason
Step 4 - owners use a blind bidding process to place bids using their BB's for all undrafted players; these players are automatically assigned a contract of one year

From here, the season will be played out based on the rules that I am still working on adapting and finalizing. All rules are open for debate with the co-commish. One rule that I thought would add an element of strategy would be to allow up to 6 minor league players per team being owned/assigned contract years and their contract years would not count against the 100 contract year cap until they have played in say 15 major league games.

Let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions and we can go from there.
ksutrav
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Seeking Co-Commish for Initial Auction Dynasty League

Postby jet7 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Very, very interested. Email me at jcas45@gmail.com
jet7
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sloanrobe » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 pm

I am interested, too. Not sure about Rule #4...automatically assigning a one year contract to undrafed players. What if I find a potential stud rookie on the WW that I want to hold onto for more than one year? Need flexibility to assign longer contract...

Anyway, keep me posted...sloanrobe@hotmail.com

I normally use ESPN leagues. Quite funtional for what you're trying to build.
sloanrobe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Grangers710 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm

very interested. I've run countless leagues and am looking for a league somewhat similar to this. contact me on here if you're interested. I like what you have here, but definitely need to do some minor tweaks and further clarifications..
Grangers710
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds