Where are the early rankings at? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where are the early rankings at?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where are the early rankings at?

Postby americanleagueroto » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

J35J wrote:
Iggy wrote:
J35J wrote:Personally, I think I'm taking a year off on my rankings. I just can't get into it and haven't gotten much done. Hopefully the year off will revitalize me for next year. With that said I look forward to seeing others and as Element said I think we are still a couple weeks away before we really start seeing everyone post theirs.

J35J - Please change your mind ... I always look forward to your spreadsheet rankings, which have the prior year stats and your forecasts

I'd be doing it a disservice if I did, I'm just not getting into it which will make for a poor spreadsheet...that and at this point I'm so far behind I doubt I could get it done anyway. I'll have it back in 2014, I just need a cleansing year where I don't do much to get my excitement back. I've been going balls to the wall fantasy baseball since 1998 or so and it's finally starting to catch up to me in how much effort and time I want to put into it...I really think this year where I take it easy will definately bring the hunger back. I've seen a few people here have done the same in the last year or two and they seem to agree it does help.

Not worth doing if you don't enjoy it! I really enjoy your work, hope to see it again in the future!

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

I think part of it was how goofy last year was. First time in a long time where I felt like I was playing fantasy football considering how high variance results were.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MrT » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:01 pm

http://rotochamp.com
Provides rankings and projections
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Element » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Ender wrote:I think part of it was how goofy last year was. First time in a long time where I felt like I was playing fantasy football considering how high variance results were.

I agree. I felt lost at time last season. I kept waiting for my studs to emerge and for all of the fluky players to come back to earth. It didn't quite happen that way.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby Iggy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 pm

MrT wrote:http://rotochamp.com
Provides rankings and projections

As I recall rotochamps always ranks pitchers too high for my taste ... 6 starting pitchers and 1 reliever in the top 25
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)

Postby jonboy418 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah, I lost Rotochamp when I saw Kris Medlen at #29.

Don't get me wrong, Medlen helped me to win my league last year, but #29 over Felix, Weaver, Hamels... ehhh not so much.
jonboy418
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 35)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers