Where are the early rankings at? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where are the early rankings at?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where are the early rankings at?

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm

This forum appears to be lagging this year. I do a winter league, and the cafe has consistently armed me with the best online fantasy rankings available on the Internet in late Dec/early Jan. I have made PayPal payments to those who do the work in the past, and was planning to do the same this year. Only problem is there is very little by way of early draft prep. Anyone out there able to point me in the right direction?
SteveJeltzPhanClub
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where are the early rankings at?

Postby Element » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 am

Ironman's rankings are always very solid. Just scroll down the page a bit for them.

viewtopic.php?t=452636

The spreadsheets generally aren't ready and haven't been until middle of January. It's fairly normal for there to be some downtime here around the holiday season.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby americanleagueroto » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:30 pm

I have a good portion of my rankings done. We also have our consensus rankings up at fake teams. ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Personally, I think I'm taking a year off on my rankings. I just can't get into it and haven't gotten much done. Hopefully the year off will revitalize me for next year. With that said I look forward to seeing others and as Element said I think we are still a couple weeks away before we really start seeing everyone post theirs.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Element » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm

I basically have mine complete, but I've never shared them. I may feel generous this year.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby americanleagueroto » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Element wrote:I basically have mine complete, but I've never shared them. I may feel generous this year.

It is a new year. Let's see em! :-D

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby colt4523 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:03 pm

americanleagueroto wrote:
Element wrote:I basically have mine complete, but I've never shared them. I may feel generous this year.

It is a new year. Let's see em! :-D

Dave ;-D

Second that ;-D
My league has already started some heavy trading. Any 2013 info would be very beneficial.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby Iggy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am

J35J wrote:Personally, I think I'm taking a year off on my rankings. I just can't get into it and haven't gotten much done. Hopefully the year off will revitalize me for next year. With that said I look forward to seeing others and as Element said I think we are still a couple weeks away before we really start seeing everyone post theirs.

J35J - Please change your mind ... I always look forward to your spreadsheet rankings, which have the prior year stats and your forecasts
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Iggy wrote:
J35J wrote:Personally, I think I'm taking a year off on my rankings. I just can't get into it and haven't gotten much done. Hopefully the year off will revitalize me for next year. With that said I look forward to seeing others and as Element said I think we are still a couple weeks away before we really start seeing everyone post theirs.

J35J - Please change your mind ... I always look forward to your spreadsheet rankings, which have the prior year stats and your forecasts

I'd be doing it a disservice if I did, I'm just not getting into it which will make for a poor spreadsheet...that and at this point I'm so far behind I doubt I could get it done anyway. I'll have it back in 2014, I just need a cleansing year where I don't do much to get my excitement back. I've been going balls to the wall fantasy baseball since 1998 or so and it's finally starting to catch up to me in how much effort and time I want to put into it...I really think this year where I take it easy will definately bring the hunger back. I've seen a few people here have done the same in the last year or two and they seem to agree it does help.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Izenhart » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 pm

J35J wrote:
Iggy wrote:

I'd be doing it a disservice if I did, I'm just not getting into it which will make for a poor spreadsheet...that and at this point I'm so far behind I doubt I could get it done anyway. I'll have it back in 2014, I just need a cleansing year where I don't do much to get my excitement back. I've been going balls to the wall fantasy baseball since 1998 or so and it's finally starting to catch up to me in how much effort and time I want to put into it...I really think this year where I take it easy will definately bring the hunger back. I've seen a few people here have done the same in the last year or two and they seem to agree it does help.

Yes it does. I've had to reboot by interests this way a few times. I took two years ago off and last year I ended up having a lot of fun again.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers