Baseball Podcasts/Blogs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Podcasts/Blogs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Baseball Podcasts/Blogs

Postby MaudDib » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:46 pm

I think every few months this gets posted and I always hope to find a gem from someone here. So I thought I would post and see if anyone has found something good out there.

I am still working my way through "Up and In" podcast. Some of the stuff is old but the first hour or so of each episode deals with more than the games or trades. Well worth listening to if you never have.

I subscribe to BaseballHQ, Baseball Prospectus, CBS Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Focus, Baseball Today, Baseball Show with Rany and Joe, Fangraphs and Kansas City's local radio station.

Anything I am missing here? Or if you haven't tried some of these, they might be worth trying. I don't listen to all of them but they can be pretty decent. Would love to know if there is something better out there though.

Also interested in any blogs you guys use. Not going to list all of those but if you care I can help as well.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Baseball Podcasts/Blogs

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby americanleagueroto » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 pm

bigh0rt wrote:http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/

;-D

The up and in pod was amazing. I am going to miss it.

The towers of power fantasy hour with Collette is a great listen, as are the other pod casts you listed.

Oh yeah, can't forget about the Dear Mr. Fantasy podcast either.

Razzball is a staple for me, as is rotographs.

I am partial to the coverage on SB Nation's Fake Teams... but that might have something to do with me writing for the site... ;-)

Dave ;-D
Twitter: @dmojr - Always available to talk fantasy or be that second opinion before a trade.
americanleagueroto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 pm

americanleagueroto wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/

;-D

The up and in pod was amazing. I am going to miss it.

The towers of power fantasy hour with Collette is a great listen, as are the other pod casts you listed.

Oh yeah, can't forget about the Dear Mr. Fantasy podcast either.

Razzball is a staple for me, as is rotographs.

I am partial to the coverage on SB Nation's Fake Teams... but that might have something to do with me writing for the site... ;-)

Dave ;-D

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know about baseball think factory or Mr. Fantasy podcast. I will check them out.

Razzball has been great. Fake Teams is one of my favorites as well.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:28 am

My daily reads I deplore pod casts

Razzball
MLB Trade Rumors
Fan/Roto Graphs
The Hardball Times
Mastersball
Fake Teams
Baseball Professor
Fantasy Man Show
Baseball Think Factory
Rotoworld
and a bunch of Dodger blogs
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

Not as much quantity as I would like, but Fantasy411 with Cory and Mike is the gold standard of everything fantasy baseball.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 am

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:Not as much quantity as I would like, but Fantasy411 with Cory and Mike is the gold standard of everything fantasy baseball.

A post every couple of weeks isn't a blog it's a slog and keeps 'em of my list, every time I stop by there I'm tempted to delete 'em out of my bookmarks. :^
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:46 am

ayebatter wrote:
Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:Not as much quantity as I would like, but Fantasy411 with Cory and Mike is the gold standard of everything fantasy baseball.

A post every couple of weeks isn't a blog it's a slog and keeps 'em of my list, every time I stop by there I'm tempted to delete 'em out of my bookmarks. :^

yeah, i know what you mean. I should have been clearer, I love mike and cory's video/audio podcast(as rare as they are), especially from back in the day when they were in that little studio. Their blog, not so much.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby Element » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:
ayebatter wrote:

yeah, i know what you mean. I should have been clearer, I love mike and cory's video/audio podcast(as rare as they are), especially from back in the day when they were in that little studio. Their blog, not so much.

I rarely find their advice helpful either ... blog or studio. I'll watch their videos in the string just because I'm crackin' out for my draft(s) and spend every free moment in fantasy land.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby B-Chad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 am

A couple of podcasts I enjoy are Tools of Ignorance hosted by Hudson Belinsky and Jonah Birenbaum as well as The Prodcast hosted by Ian Miller and Riley Breckenridge. Neither are fantasy baseball geared, but both offer excellent baseball content and solid interviews.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers