Keep 10 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep 10

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keep 10

Postby Beeblebrox » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm

12 teams, 5x5, 10 keepers. We use LF/CF/RF instead of OF spots, and there's 2 UTIL spots to fill.

1B - Pujols
2B - Pedroia
3B - Wright
SS - Andrus
LF - Braun
CF - Kemp
RF - J. Upton
UTIL - Ellsbury
SP - Kershaw
SP - Hamels
SP - Wainwright

So I've got 11 people I'd like to keep but only 10 spots. Which of these guys misses the cut?

Pre-draft trading is an option as well...so I could trade any two of these guys for an upgrade somewhere (although there's not many spots that need much of an upgrade)
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep 10

Postby Element » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Jeezus! Are you sure that you didn't post the roster from your 4 team league? Ellsbury doesn't make the cut for me. Too injury prone for my liking and I don't buy into his 2011 power surge. I would try to move him and Andrus for Tulo. If that fails try Ellsbury and Pedroia for Cano.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby Beeblebrox » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Element wrote:Jeezus! Are you sure that you didn't post the roster from your 4 team league? Ellsbury doesn't make the cut for me. Too injury prone for my liking and I don't buy into his 2011 power surge. I would try to move him and Andrus for Tulo. If that fails try Ellsbury and Pedroia for Cano.

You have concerns about Ellsbury's injury history, and then suggest trading for Tulo? Interesting double-standard there....

And yeah, it's a pretty stacked lineup. One that's taken me years to put together with trades. The idea now is not to screw it up.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jhawkinson3 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Personally I let Wainright go. I was leaning Andrus but if you let him go youre likely struggling at SS. With Hamels and Kershaw I dont feel you have a need for Wainright. Otherwise Id maybe offer Andrus and Wainright for Castro. Just a thought.
jhawkinson3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Element » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
Element wrote:Jeezus! Are you sure that you didn't post the roster from your 4 team league? Ellsbury doesn't make the cut for me. Too injury prone for my liking and I don't buy into his 2011 power surge. I would try to move him and Andrus for Tulo. If that fails try Ellsbury and Pedroia for Cano.

You have concerns about Ellsbury's injury history, and then suggest trading for Tulo? Interesting double-standard there....

I'd be much more willing to take a risk on a high upside SS than an OF. Don't you agree? You can play it boring and target Zobrist. Where is the fun in that?
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby Beeblebrox » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 am

Element wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:

I'd be much more willing to take a risk on a high upside SS than an OF. Don't you agree? You can play it boring and target Zobrist. Where is the fun in that?

I'm really not following you at all. What does Zobrist have to do with anything?

And I don't see any significant difference between Ellsbury's injury history and Tulo's...so I'm not sure why you say that injuries are a reason to dump Ellsbury, but then ignore those injuries when it comes to Tulo.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:11 am

Ellsbury, don't buy his 1 year power year.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Skimo77 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am

Beeblebrox wrote:
Element wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:

I'm really not following you at all. What does Zobrist have to do with anything?

And I don't see any significant difference between Ellsbury's injury history and Tulo's...so I'm not sure why you say that injuries are a reason to dump Ellsbury, but then ignore those injuries when it comes to Tulo.

While I agree, targeting Tulo is similar to Ellsbury his upside is far greater than Ellsbury for his position so it would certainly be more worthwhile of a risk to take than merely sticking with Ellsbury. I'm pretty sure he also means by targeting someone like Zobrist to fill your SS spot would work as well, and then you could keep Ellsbury, but he's not a very exciting player to root for.

I would personally say no to Ellsbury as well because you already have a must keep CF in Kemp, so it better suits your team to strengthen another position.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 38)

Postby kaiser » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 am

I'd lose Wainwright first, and then Ellsbury.

You've got Kershaw and Hamels to anchor your rotation, and an absolutely ridiculous lineup to score for you. How the hell could this possibly be from a 12 team league? Well done...
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 428)

Postby speedy27 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:22 pm

kaiser wrote:I'd lose Wainwright first, and then Ellsbury.

You've got Kershaw and Hamels to anchor your rotation, and an absolutely ridiculous lineup to score for you. How the hell could this possibly be from a 12 team league? Well done...

;-D y
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions