Keeper/Draft Pick Trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper/Draft Pick Trades

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper/Draft Pick Trades

Postby ryan2714 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am

I am in a 10 team 7 keeper league (no keeper rules). Lucky for me I have the problem of having to may quality guys that are worth keeping. I am looking for some advice on what the players I am not keeping are worth in the value of draft picks or what guys I can package to get a bigger piece.

Players planning on keeping:
Cano
M. Cabrera
A. Gonzalez
C. Gonzalez
Hamilton
Verlander
F. Hernandez

Other noteworthy players I own at the moment:
B. Butler
A. Beltre
A. Jax
Utley
Goldschmidt
A. Rizzo
Lincecum
J. Zimmermann
Medlen
Miley
Vogelsong
M. Harrison
Maholm
Burnett

I am primarily looking to gauge the value of Adrian Beltre as he is my best non-k player and most desirable player who plays a premium position. I was seeking around 2nd/3rd round pick for him, is that fair? What would you give up if you desperately needed another star player to keep? He's probably most definitely a top 5 overall player entering our draft next yr.
I've also explored trade options of 1 of the guys I am planning to keep coupled with another non-keeper to get a bigger piece I could keep. I've offered A. Gonzalez, Beltre, & Butler for Pujols (on a poor team that could use the bevy of keepers). Is this a good offer? Are the Adrian's together worth Prince Fielder or am I better off just keeping AGon and trading Beltre for draft picks? Also been offered Stanton for the Adrian's? I think I'd be better of with the keeper & draft pick but I want your guys options.
Thanks a bunch in advance!
ryan2714
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper/Draft Pick Trades

Postby Element » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:51 pm

I have Beltre as a 2nd round player in a redraft league. That said, I would keep him ahead of Felix. If you're only keeping 7 guys then they need to be the best players for the upcoming season. Long term value only really comes into consideration when debating between 2 similar players. Felix should be a round 3-4 type player. If you could deal AGon and Felix for either Pujols or Fielder (prefer Prince) I would certainly do that.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Always love dealing extra players to improve keepers. Even if you over pay. If you could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Beltre I would probably do it. You have 1st and 3rd already filled and there isn't going to be much SP left I would assume. When you keep this many, I generally think you should have one ace in the bunch.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ayebatter » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Element wrote:I have Beltre as a 2nd round player in a redraft league. That said, I would keep him ahead of Felix. If you're only keeping 7 guys then they need to be the best players for the upcoming season. Long term value only really comes into consideration when debating between 2 similar players. Felix should be a round 3-4 type player. If you could deal AGon and Felix for either Pujols or Fielder (prefer Prince) I would certainly do that.

This would be my move also. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby ensanimal » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

Agree with all the others in respect to doing what you can to swap those extra keepable players for upgrades.

If you can't for whatever reason, I'd be inclined to keep Beltre ahead of A. Gonzalez if have a spot to play him.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions