Better trade target, 3 yrs of Lawrie or Moustakas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Better trade target, 3 yrs of Lawrie or Moustakas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Better trade target, 3 yrs of Lawrie or Moustakas?

Postby dannahann » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:57 pm

12T mixed keeper, 7x7 roto. Extra hitting cats are OPS and H.

I'm looking to counter a trade offer and would like to get a young 3B locked for 2013-2015. Should I target Moose or Lawrie? My other keeper bats include Tulo, Fielder, Harper, Heyward, and A-Jax. I also hold matching rights on R Zimmerman and C Santana (guys coming off expiring contracts go up for bid in Jan, I will have option to match highest bid on this pair). We also keep two free rooks, one of mine will for sure be Harper, I'm torn on rook #2, Profar, Miley, or Rutledge? I'll be keeping Stras, Waino, BAnderson

Should I trade A-Jax plus maybe Miley or Profar for Lawie? I assume I could get Moose with A-Jax 1-1, better option? Am I simply better off hoping R Zimm is cheap enough to match instead?
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Better trade target, 3 yrs of Lawrie or Moustakas?

Postby MaudDib » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm

How long would you get to keep Austin Jackson? Profar should easily be your second free rookie.

Of the two options, I prefer Lawrie to Moustakas but not enough to include Profar in the deal. If you can deal Miley and Jackson then I would be ok with it especially if you only have Jackson for one more year. Even if you do the deal for one of those 3B, I would still think about matching Zimmerman if the price is right.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby dannahann » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I plan to keep Jackson either 1 or 2 years depending on how much I spend elsewhere. We use a contract year keeper currency system and spend them to sign new guys, pay carryovers on our longterm contracts, takeover others restricted FA or to match on our own. Most I could go on A-Jax would probably be 2 yrs and if I traded him to take on one of those 3yr 3B, I wouldn't have the currency to match Zimm too as I'm expecting him to be bid at 2CY. I could always opt to just match Zimm and have 1 left for A-Jax and forget targeting his young 3B.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm

To me this is a no brainer...you go with the upside in Lawrie if you can deal AJax and a solid #2 pitching prospect for a future top 10 3b you do that in a new york second. This would be like dealing IDK Ichiro and Eric Bedard for David Wright couple of years back, take the 3b and RUN! Do NOT deal Profar.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1937)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions